FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber 150 fails to reach expected speeds

cjohnstone1
Popular Poster
Message 21 of 21

I had this service activated last July. I do not believe that I have ever had the expected speeds. Checking my talktalk service page shows that speeds appear to be capped at around 48/22 for many months.

I have tested using wifi/ethernet connection/direct connection to the openreach modem and the speeds are almost always 48/22Mbps.

Modem SagemCom FAST 5364, tho I do not believe it is a modem issue

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi

Sorry this is not fully resolved, and Sorry you are leaving us. If things don't work out with BT, you will always be welcome to join us again in the future 🙂

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

For info - the improvement was short lived. I'm now in the process of moving to BT full fiber.

regards

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Hi cjohnstone1

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Engineer arrived on time and confirmed there was an issue with line speed. he completed some work at the BT cabinet and the problem appears to have been resolved.

I'll monitor over next few days to verify upload & download speeds consitent.

regards

Message 5 of 21

Hi cjohnstone1

I have arranged the engineer visit for 08/06 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21
Any day next week will work.

Regards

Message 7 of 21

Hello,

Apologies, we wouldn't be able to arrange an engineer visit for today as the appointment slot for this afternoon is 1pm so there wouldn't be enough time for us to book this and likely to be fully booked already. Are you available any dates next week?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21
I shall be at home entire day.

regards
0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Hi cjohnstone1

Thanks for confirming your details.

Please can you also provide your availability AM and PM and I will book the first available visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Hi cjohnstone1

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Yes, I'd assume if it could have been fixed remotely it would have been done by now.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi,

Ok. Would you like to go ahead with an engineer visit to the property?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

I  dont remeber ever seeing it green. I know that when testing during the initial installation I was able to see speeds > 100Mbps. That was using my own router. The TalkTalk router wouldnt work at all with the faster fiber.

Random checks on my account dashboard showed that the fiber speeds have never been achieved. It's only now that I've got around to doing something about it.

regards

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Morning,

Was the light not on the modem when the engineer first installed this? If the set up hasn't changed since the installation then the next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. If you would like to go ahead with this then please let us know and we can confirm some details with you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21
All thats changed is the Sagem modem/router. The original talk talk unit didn't work. I swapped with another same type modem/router. May or may not be significant, but the green Internet light on the Openreach modem has never been on.

I've also tried a Linksys router which also seemed to be locked to 40/20 Mbps.

I did raise a TT when the system was initially setup but it never came to anything.

regards
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 21

Hi,

I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible issue towards the property. Has the set up changed at all since the engineer installed this or has any new equipment been added to the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Probably best if I ask TalkTalk to investigate this for you, which I have just done. The OCEs may well be busy after the bank holiday.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 18 of 21

Talktalk service is Fiber 150. Upload/download speeds are not displayed.

As to the link speeds, The results are from Talktalk troubleshooting tests on their support page. tests were run on Wifi/Ethernet connection direct to Sagem and laptop 1GB ethernet connection from laptop direct to the BT Openreach modem.

The results also much the results displayed on the service status page relating to my talktalk account. This has been like this for months.

cjohnstone1_0-1622487829705.png

0 Likes

Message 19 of 21

Hi Keith

You can't see the speed on the Sagemcom or on the Modem when on Fibre 150 g.fast.

May be the same on Future Fibre but don't know.

Mark

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 20 of 21

Hi @cjohnstone1 

Assuming this to be Fibre 150 (G.Fast) or Future Fibre 150, please can you log onto your Sagemcom & look in its initial dashboard & tell me what internet speeds are quoted there? What was the minimum download speed quoted?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes