FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber 65 dropped to 44mb

madalin sichitiu
Popular Poster
Message 20 of 20

Good Morning,

First month, my download speed with fiber 65 was above 60mb. Second month dropped to 44mb and never went up (now third month). This happened in the same time my neighbor(flat above) connected to internet. What I noticed, Openreach connected him to the same line as mine? Not sure about this but from the picture attached it seems to be true.

I've contacted talktalk through live chat to identify why speed dropped but nothing has been sorted. 

I am working night shifts and had the chance to test internet speed even on 4am when the line is not busy. Same download speed, 44.5 max.

Does anyone has any answer for this?

Cheers,

Madalin

Madalin Sichitiu
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi Madalin,

As Martin has said, your minimum guaranteed speed would have been advised at point of sale. If you don't think the additional speed is worth the additional cost of fibre 65 you could speak to our Loyalty team and ask to be downgraded to Fibre 35 which will give a maximum sync speed of 40Mbps

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

@madalin sichitiu you guaranteed speed would have been advised when you joined and is individual to your line.

Speeds depend on the line length and quality.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi,

When my line has been tested before upgraded, it been confirmed 65mb download. This was the reason I made the upgrade. 

Talktalk can advertise 100mb speed with guaranteed 20mb download. What is this fake add if all the speed are at minimum? Just need to be honest with the customers. 

Could you please send me over the contract? I don't want to pay for something I don't get.

Thank you,

Madalin

Madalin Sichitiu
0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi madalin sichitiu

Apologies the engineer was unable to increase the speed any further.

The speed is up to 65mb, when you signed up for fibre you were also provided with a minimum guaranteed speed. Do you still have this information?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

@madalin sichitiu 

It is IMPOSSIBLE to split a line and have a shared service, only one router can authenticate on a line.

Wiring may have been disturbed that has caused the issue.

You cannot, as an individual, make a complaint to OFCOM.

Firstly you have to make a formal complaint to TT and if that is not resolved and deadlock reached, you can take it to the resolution service that TT use, that is CISAS/CEDR.

The complaints code is at the bottom of the page

Message 6 of 20

Hi,

The OpenReach engineer confirmed the line has not faults and is limited to 47mb download speed. This is weird because when i've done the upgrade from broadband 35 to fiber 65 i've been quoted to 65 mb download and confirmed my line can handle this speed. This was the reason I accepted to do the upgrade. I've done speed test first month and happy with the speed. There can be just one reason my speed dropped, if my service has been shared/splitted with the top flat. I have no information and I have never accepted this. 

All the tests have been done at my internet socket, indoors. 

Conclusion: I am paying for a service I do not receive it, or TalkTalk advertising falsely. This will probably end up with a complaint to Ofcom. I am stuck with this contract for 2 years because of a false add. 

Very disappointed about TalkTalk Services.

Madalin Sichitiu
0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi madalin sichitiu

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 21/04 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi,

It seems I got stuck in details, I don't know what to do more, it been so many days trying to prepare an Engineer visit. What other questions do I need to respond? Why this process is so hard/slow.

Regards,

Madalin

Madalin Sichitiu
0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi madalin sichitiu,

Thanks for answering the question, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi,

I confirm: 

-PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

-Engineer charges if applicable

Thank you,

Madalin Sichitiu
0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

@Chris-TalkTalk 

Hi,

Agree, an engineer visit might be helpful. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Madalin Sichitiu
0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi madalin sichitiu,

To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

Hi,

I've just done one more speed test at the Test socket. Exactly the same speed as before 44.5mb max. ( on Wi-Fi - 1m away from router). I do not have a phone.

Find below a print screen with DSL information.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Madalin Sichitiu
0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hello,

I've re-run the line test now which is still clear, however the sync speed hasn't increased any further. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Does your main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

@martswain,

I appreciate you time and help.
The situation is very simple. First month I had 65mb download, second and third month dropped to 44 after my neighbor connected to internet. I don't know what Open Reach done when connected my neighbor but as you see in my first post, there is a picture, and it looks he used the same line as mine. I don't know if true or not but that works affected my line for sure. It that possible my line to support 1 month full speed and then suddenly cap to 44mb? My line has been tested at the beginning of contract and confirmed 65mb speed.

I am agree with you that wi-fi speed test might be less than the cable but there is just 2-3mb less, not 20mb. Test done at 1m from router.

Picture uploaded again with more details. See below.

Cheers,

Madalin Sichitiu
0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

@madalin sichitiu 

It is impossible for two customers to be connected to the same line on a Fibre 65 (FTTC) service, forget about that.

You should be testing by a wired connection, WiFi tests can be subject to interference from other devices and home equipment.

Forget the number 65, that is just for marketing and is the average across all customers.

You should be comparing your LINE RATE to the guaranteed minimum speed as advised in your contract.

Go to SERVICE CENTRE via the Service Status link at the top of the page and you can find both.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

Hi 

Looking to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Madalin Sichitiu
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 20

Hi Madalin

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 47.3mb.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then connect the router at the test socket and keep the router switched on.

We can check the connection stats again on Monday to see if DLM has made any changes to the line profile/speed in this set up.

Please can you post back on this thread on Monday.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes