FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibra 65 keeps 'dropping out' when watching films etc

victorsj
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 3

Hi I have fibre 65 but when we are watching something on our smart tv such as back episodes it keeps 'buffering' can someone do something about this for me please as it happens every time I view and many times during the episode.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @victorsj,

When you have these issues can you see what the light does on your router, i.e. does the light indicate that router might have lost connection with the internet and is having to reconnect ?.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

If your router is not losing connection it would be worth doing some checks of your speed. If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds below that estimated range. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to the sync speed shown on your router.

Is your TV connected wired or wireless ?, if your speed test results show that you have good speeds wired (assuming you have a wired device you can test with), but have poor speeds over Wi-Fi then this may be an indication your are suffering from Wi-Fi interference.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes