FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 150 Fluctuating Speeds

Len Baker
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

Fibre 150 installed 17th April, but really 6th April after a 3 months talktalk administration  nightmare.

Basically download speeds go down to 0 mbps and cuts out or is around our previous fast broadband speed of 2.4mbps. fluctuations can be between kbps to 150mpbs on our newest device. I've been informed by Talktalk speed depends on the device, where it is in the property, if its 2.4 or 5 Ghz frequency and what neighbours are doing on wifi in the area giving wifi congestion! We have also been informed devices can only perform to a maximum download speed regardless of what is available (how to you know the potential speed when buying a new device?).

The patient TalkTalk staff have looked at the speed to the property, performed a service test, done a factory reset. The openreach installed configuration has not been tampered with and to my eye there appears no loose connections. 

We have a smart TV, 2 mobiles a PC, tablet and laptop although all devices are never connected simultaneously.

Thalktalk staff have been helpful but the frustration on our very variable and sometimes low speed/cutout still exists. Love it when it works properly (one device in the same room as the hub had acieved 150mbps download speed).

Any suggestions to help?

Kind regards 

Len

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 7

Hi Len,

Ok I understand. Please let us know if you would like us to arrange this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thank you. We have already made 2 calls to the Future Fibre team. Probably best if we see if the system settles down first before contacting them.

Regards

Len 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. At the moment we can't support FTTP related queries on the Community, however I can request for someone from the Future Fibre Team to contact you directly, would this be ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Updated profile.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Sorry Michelle we have a data only package and so no talktalk landline. Mobile number is on profile and have updated for FTTP number.
Regards
Len

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi Len,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes