FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 150 - Hub Reset

Ralphvdmaat
First Timer
Message 14 of 14

I ordered Fibre 150 from TalkTalk and after installation last Wednesday, I was positively amazed by the speed of the connection and the service delivered thus far. However, ever since, the connection itself has been on and off quite constantly.

I have been tracking it and approximately every hour or so, my internet connection will drop. Upon checking the Hub and Openreach modem, the hub will blink orange and the Openreach modem will show there is no LAN connection but the other lights are on. Then, after approximately 30s, the Hub will blink white and orange, and then show white constantly and internet will be restored.

Furthermore, every morning since installation, I will wake up without internet and the hub showing a constant orange light. Only upon restarting both the hub and Openreach modem, internet will be restored.

Given that I work from home and game online, any kind of disconnect can be detrimental and this is quite frustrating. I have contacted support before and chatted about not having internet in the morning, and this was resolved. However, the random disconnects as well as not having internet until a restart each morning are still recurring.

I have tried different cables and resetting both devices to no avail. If there's anything you could propose that I can try to fix this, please do let me know! I personally think it may be something to do with the hub, but since I'm no expert, I figured I'd post here as I have seen post about similar issues. Thanks so much for your help!

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Morning,

Thanks for the update. Can I just confirm, how has the stability been over the weekend?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Debbie!

Thanks for your patience; I wanted to give it a few days to see if all issues were resolved.

While the hourly dropouts have been resolved now I have installed the new router, the mornings without internet appeared to have been resolved to, until this very morning. I had to reset the Openreach modem as well as the router to get internet back which took about 10 minutes to fix, but since then it appears the internet has been fine. I don't know if this re-occur, but it may have been just a one-off issue. If it reoccurs, I will raise this again.

I will send back the old hub using the bag and label provided. Thanks so much for your help - also Skynet - I'm really glad to see how fast this was picked up and how helpful you both have been!

Message 3 of 14

Hi Ralphvdmaat

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Ralphvdmaat
First Timer
Message 4 of 14

Hi Debbie and Skynet,

Thanks for your helpful responses so far! I have received the new hub (thanks for that Debbie!) and have hooked it up and swapped over. 

So far so good, but I will keep track of any dropouts that may occur. This morning I again had to reset the modem and hub a few times before  internet would work, so I will just check if this happens again tomorrow. Let's hope not, but I will keep you posted!

Message 5 of 14

Hi Ralphvdmaat

Thanks for your reply.

If you could test with the new router first and if you experience the same issue then we will arrange the Openreach engineer visit.

Please post back here to let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 14

Hi @Ralphvdmaat,

As @Debbie-TalkTalk ordered your new router early this morning there is a decent chance it may arrive tomorrow (you may well get a text or email from the courier to advise it is being delivered), or if not it would likely arrive on Thursday. So if you don't mind waiting a day or two for that to arrive then you could test things with that new router. If the problem still exists with the new router then you could just post back here and one of the support team would then be able to organise an Openreach engineer visit for them to come and check your connection and your Openreach modem.

Message 7 of 14

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk - If that would be the underlying issue, I suppose that would be necessary. Do you think I should try with the new hub first and if the problem resolves, ask you to arrange for an engineer to come?

Message 8 of 14

Hi Ralphvdmaat

Thanks for your reply.

We would need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to replace the modem.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Message 9 of 14

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk - thank you for your response! I will let you know what happens with the new router once I receive it.

I also noticed this morning that my internet was off, and that the Openreach modem was making a click sound every 7 seconds. When I restarted the Openreach modem only, this resolved the issue and restored internet after about a minute. Perhaps the modem needs to be looked at as well?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi Ralphvdmaat

Sorry for the delay.

The line test is clear so I have ordered you a replacement router.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 14

The support team here on the community should be able to take a look at this when they return tomorrow, they will be able to run some tests on your line to see if they can see any issues. If the line test comes back as clear, and if they think the router itself may be at fault, then they would be able to arrange a replacement router for you.

Message 12 of 14

Hi @Skynet_TX - Thanks so much for following up. I have updated my settings as you suggested, really appreciate it!

The Openreach socket says Gfast, so I assume it's the former, I also did get a phone service with the package, so I think that makes sense.

If there's any other information you think I should share in this thread, do let me know!

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi @Ralphvdmaat,

Is your connection a G.Fast service using your existing copper phone line, or a full fibre service ?

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (or account number if you have a full fibre service with no phone line) & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.