FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 150 Intermittent Sync

bufferBloated
Popular Poster
Message 25 of 25

Sounds similar to this thread.

Fibre 150 was installed on the 5/01/2022 by Openreach, who did need to provision a new line (to a different pole than planned) due to our extension. 

Since then the DSL light on the Openreach mt992 modem has gone out every 20-30 minutes for about 1-2 minutes consistently. Resulting in no internet. When the connection is working it performs well at 120Mbps.

I have tried contacting first-line support but have just gone around in insane circles. REP-10754663

End-user devices have been checked. The issue occurs on ethernet and wifi. 

Seems highly likely to be an external issue unless the modem is faulty. Please escalate this case asap, connection is needed for WFH and interviews.

Many thanks,

24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi bufferBloated,

I'm sorry to hear that the engineer can't improve your speed. If you're thinking of leaving could you contact our Loyalty Team, they will be able to discuss this with you.

Chris

0 Likes

bufferBloated
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 25

Hi Chris,

OR came today, but said it's physically impossible to resolve the issue. The line (front and back) is far too long for g.fast 300m+, said we need a cease and the only option is fttc 80/20. We would rather just go with virgin media for 100Mbps +, so can we please get a cancellation and refund, as the service has not been useable. 

OR said he spoke with TTB and gave REP10773849 as a reference. Hope that helps.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Thanks 🙂 - I've booked then engineer for tomorrow morning - January 13 2022, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 4 of 25

Sounds good. 

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

It will be an SFI, I'll book the engineer and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

Doesn't match up with what he was saying in person. He told us the front line was too long, should have been installed (by himself) at the back. 

SFI? Or just regular? I think this chap is out of his depth.

Ok please get us booked in asap, all availability, WFH etc ... 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

The notes basically say that tests passed, no fault found. I'm sorry about this but if the connection is still dropping we'll need to arrange another engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

bufferBloated
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 25

Hi Chris,

Ok no worries  Still dropping every 20-30 mins. 

Any light from the notes?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

I'm sorry, we can't manually set a profile, profiles are automatically managed by DLM. How has it been since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

bufferBloated
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 25

Hi chris,

can do, but is there any chance you can set a more stable profile for the connection in the mean time?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Hi bufferBloated,

Thanks for the update, sorry, we don't have the engineer notes yet. Could you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check again

Chris

0 Likes

bufferBloated
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 25

Hi,

Openreach came today but was unable to resolve the issue. It was the same engineer that installed the line.

Spoke to him at the pole and he said the issue is that he installed the line at the front, rather than at the back which had been disconnected, as he didn't want to go on the roof? Now says the front line is not as stable I think.

He did say he'd update us before he went but never did. Do you have the engineer notes through?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

Hi bufferBloated

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 11/01 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Hi bufferBloated

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Hi Chris,

No luck over the weekend, still very unstable, modem dsl light goes out every 20-30 minutes. 

Please arrange an engineer visit. WFH so asap, any availability. 

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

If you've not got a micro-filter then could you just see how it goes over the weekend with the modem connected to the faceplate, and we'll see if the connection stabalises. If it doesn't then we can arrange an engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Hi chris,

I don't have an extra microfilter to use the test socket, any other ideas?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Thanks. Could you try connecting the router to the test socket and leave it there over the weekend. If the disconnections continue we'll need to arrange and engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Hi Chris, we have a brand new Mk5c socket, with just the modem connected. No extension or anything connected was a new line OR installed.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

OK thanks. How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you just have the Openreach modem connected to your telephone socket(s)?

Chris

0 Likes