FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 150 STILL not installed

JElson72
First Timer
Message 19 of 19

Originally due to have Fibre 150 installed on 19th July. I was assured by TalkTalk there would be minimum disruption to my service. After 2 Openreach engineer visits and a further two engineers not turning up I have now been without Internet service since 19th July. My account is still showing the order is "pending". This is so frustrating as there seems to be no clear communication between Openreach and TalkTalk and I am fortunate in that my employer is flexible in allowing me to stay at home for these so called engineers to arrive. I am constantly assured by the TalkTalk chat team that these appointments have been made but so far I am paying for a non-existent service 

18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19
0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Thanks Arne. I will also be seeking auto-compensation for the 4 missed engineer appointments. I have a call booked with a complaints manager tomorrow 

Message 3 of 19

Thanks for the update @JElson72,

Really sorry that it took so long to sort out.

I will add a discount to your account as an apology for the delay. 

Regards

JElson72
First Timer
Message 4 of 19

Finally sorted....one month late....very nice engineer from Openreach arrived yesterday. Even phoned me telling me his ETA! Turns out I needed a modem....puzzled as to why 3 previous engineers didn't realise this???? Or why wasn't I advised of this at point of sale? Wishing I had never bothered to upgrade.....

Message 5 of 19

Thanks. Tried that and still no joy. Even the engineer was puzzled when he came to fix it. I suspect I have been encouraged to transfer to this new Fibre 150 but the set up in my area can't support it. 

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 6 of 19

Hi @JElson72 well a bit went right how about you try a 30 minutes router reboot just to see what happens?

Unfortunately we've entered weekend so the highly experienced tt staff might not be able to help you until Monday. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

JElson72
First Timer
Message 7 of 19

Spoke too soon. Engineer came, it worked for about 30 minutes and has now gone off again. Absolute joke

0 Likes

JElson72
First Timer
Message 8 of 19

Friday the 13th must be lucky for some.....an engineer has literally turned up at 5pm.  I think I am in shock - whether he can actually connect my internet is still to be determined but at least he is here.  I will still be seeking compensation for this complete mess-up of a service over the last 4 weeks.  Wow, wish I had never let that sales person sweet-talk me into improving my broadband speed as my connection was fine before that!

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 9 of 19

Hi @JElson72 impressed that TT were able to give you name and number for the BT engineer (an existing engineer and relevant to your locale) not impressed that BT let you down again by not passing the job they allocated to their engineer. I can equally understand that TT can do the nothing until BT update their orders from completed job sheets.

Unfortunately BT still have the monopoly on the installation side.

None of this gets you connected any quicker and I can sincerely wish it did. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Well it is Friday the 13th and we are talking about TalkTalk.....................................I think somone above is saying bail out now while I`m giving you this chance. Think hard bud`

Message 11 of 19

Hi Arne - Still no engineer even though I have had emails and texts from TalkTalk assuring me that someone would be here today (13th August).  I was sent a text with the engineer's name and number and when I telephoned him he knew nothing about the job.  SInce been on to the Order Management Team via TalkTalk helpline who can't do anything other than advise me to contact them again to tomorrow.  I really am reaching the end of my patience with this now as this is the FIFTH missed engineer call.

Message 12 of 19

Ha ha, apparently so....even though they missed two of my booked in callbacks.....probably as they are so busy!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 19

For any engineer appointment that they miss without notifying you 24 hours in advance, @JElson72, they owe you compensation. 

20210811_161117.jpg

It may be delayed, but they certainly owe you this for wasting your time. Check that it materialises!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

bigkenny
Problem Solver
Message 14 of 19

Do TT have a complaints Manager. I bet thats some job..............

JElson72
First Timer
Message 15 of 19

Hi, thanks. Yes I spoke to an Order Management agent this morning and a Complaints Manager who have informed me the work will be completed on 13th August

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi JElson72

Sorry for the delay. 

The order is showing a updated date of 13th August to complete the work. 

Apologies again.

0 Likes

JElson72
First Timer
Message 17 of 19

Hi - still awaiting installation of my Fibre 150 - over 3 weeks since the supposed installation date of 19th July.  I had emails and texts from TalkTalk assuring me an engineer would be with me today between 7am and 9am.....a no show.  After contacting the online support chat I was told an engineer would be here between 9am and 11am.  Again - a no show.  Contacted the online support chat, now OpenReach are saying they have sent an engineer but can't give me any idea of a time.  This is an absolute shambles of a service.

Divsec
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

Hi @JElson72 Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours.

0 Likes