FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 150 dropping speed at peak times

68Mustang
First Timer
Message 28 of 28

I had an engineer visit last Friday (15th Oct) as my openreach G Fast modem had suddenly died. It turned out to be the power adapter, but the engineer swapped the modem as well.

For the past 4 nights at around 7:30pm to approximately 11pm, my internet speed drops from the full 150Mb+ to between 1.9 and 3Mbps - causing streaming to buffer and websites painfully slow to load, if at all.

I was unable to get on live chat, but I spoke to a TT agent through Twitter, and spent around 2 hours going through all the standard checks, resetting the router to factory settings etc, to be told no fault has been found and it would cost me £50 for an engineer to come out.

Given the speed is fine at all other times I believe this to be some form of congestion. Could someone confirm if a  change of modem means my line needs another 'stabilisation' period, or is there is a known issue this during these hours and if so, is there any maintenance planned to fix this at my nearest exchange (Mansfield)?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Hi,

Apologies. No it definitely wasn't anything on your side.

Thanks

0 Likes

68Mustang
First Timer
Message 2 of 28

Ok, bit vague but at least I know it's not faulty equipment at my end if it happens again...

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

Hello,

I'm glad to hear this. They just advised that they made some changes but didn't specify exactly what they changed.

Thanks

0 Likes

68Mustang
First Timer
Message 4 of 28

Morning Michelle

Yes, it was much better last night! What did they do, and what was the issue?

Message 5 of 28

Morning,

Did you notice any improvement last night?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 28

Hello,

Apologies again for the delay with updates, I've now been advised that the issue has been identified and the team are working to resolve this. They said they will confirm back to me once the fix has been implemented so hopefully it won't be too long.

Thanks

0 Likes

68Mustang
First Timer
Message 7 of 28

Thanks Michelle. I would really like an answer today. It's been going on for over 2 weeks now.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 28

Morning,

I'm really sorry, I've not heard anymore so I've escalated this further and will continue to chase until I hear more on this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

Hi,

I'm really sorry about this. As soon as they reply I will post back here ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

68Mustang
First Timer
Message 10 of 28

Thanks Michelle, I'm still having the problem

0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay. I've contacted them again now to see what the latest update is and I'm hoping to hear back this morning.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Hi 68Mustang

Sorry for the delay.

I'm still waiting for additional updates. I will post back as soon as I receive an update from our Network Team.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

68Mustang
First Timer
Message 13 of 28

Hi any updates on this please?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

68Mustang
First Timer
Message 15 of 28

Ok thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

Hi

We will let you know as soon as we here from the teams.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

68Mustang
First Timer
Message 17 of 28

Thanks, Michelle. Hope they can find what's wrong. FYI, speed dropping again tonight, just ran a wired test at 7:30pm:

68Mustang_0-1635187375132.png

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. I've passed this to our Network Team now and will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

68Mustang
First Timer
Message 19 of 28

It was bad again last night though (24th Oct). This was 8pm...

IMG_6285.PNGIMG_6284.PNG

0 Likes

68Mustang
First Timer
Message 20 of 28

Hi Michelle

I managed to run a wired speed test around an hour ago before I left for work. Appears to be full speed...

0 Likes