FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 150 keeps dropping

nexxusone
Whizz Kid
Message 29 of 29

had fibre 150 G.Fast upgrade a few months back took 3 visits by BT to get stable line ( they replaced everything form junction box on side of house, new wiring and new master socket ) at same time they re cabled our cabinet and estate.... and 5 houses down, road was dug up and repaired or replaced cables!!! this was 4 weeks ago and all WAS fine until a week or so ago. NOW we are getting re sync or restart on the G.fast modem - at random but worse from 2pm onwards.... of course when working a live connection test says line is fine... Can someone raise a test and or BT openreach engineer - I'm am NOT spending 4 hours+  to and idiot reading a script to be told again (like last time) to phone BT myself...

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 21 of 29

Message 22 of 29

yes thats ok - will do

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 23 of 29

Hi,

Apologies, this may have been when I tested the line. Would it be possible to monitor the stability over the weekend to see how the stability compares?

Thanks

Message 24 of 29

went down again at 8.20 am so unless you disconnected me to test still faulty

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 25 of 29

Morning,

I've checked the fault again now and there is an update to advise that Openreach have resolved a possible fault. I've also re-run the line test which is now clear. How is your connection at the moment?

Thanks

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 26 of 29

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I've checked the fault, however there are no additional updates as yet. I'll check this again in the morning to see if there are any further updates back.

Thanks

Message 27 of 29

well...... we lost internet connection at 12.02pm and it came back at 12.30pm - had no contact from BT, but hope this disconnection was the line being fixed. so will just wait and see if it occurs again or is fixed, as when line works it is good-  but use to drop and reconnect, this could be as little as a twenty second cycle. Hopefully fixed - time will tell.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 28 of 29

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible line fault so I've passed this over to Openreach now for an external line investigation to be completed. if you don't hear anymore within the next 48hrs then please let us know and we can re-check for an update for you.

Thanks