FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 150 now slower than guaranteed speed

sevenofx
Team Player
Message 12 of 12

Hi,

When the service was installed, had a connection rate of approx. 146/26 Mbps. Each month this has slowed down to now being under the guaranteed speed.

Tried powering off the openreach box for a while and rebooting network equipment but speed remains the same. Attempted to run the line test which initially suggests a fault but it fails to complete after entering mobile information.

Is there something your end you can try to improve the speeds back to when installed? It was a stable connection so not sure what has happened.

Cheers

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi sevenofx

Thanks for confirming your details.

The engineer visit has been arranged for 09/07 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi sevenofx

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Yes, that's fine

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi sevenofx

Thanks for your reply.

I've run another line test and this is still detecting the same fault and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Michelle,

I changed the supplied rj11 cable to a shorter shielded version since the install. There has been nothing else internally, openreach modem plugs into the supplied master socket, no extra internal cables.

I just changed the rj11 back to the one supplied which seems to have slowed the connection speed to 98Mbps. Maybe run your test again to see if this made a difference?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 12

Hi sevenofx,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible fault towards the property. Has the set up changed since the engineer installed this or any new equipment connected to the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 7 of 12

Not knowing what your guaranteed speed is, I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Keith,

Direct from the Openreach box via ethernet is 105/21, over WiFi is presently 102/19.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 9 of 12

That is what I was trying to prove, which is why I asked you to connect a PC or whatever via a wired (Ethernet) connection directly into the modem's port that normally connects to your router, what sort of speed do you get there? If you can do that when it is slow, then I will know if it is the Openreach modem or your router. Once I know that I can pass this over to TalkTalk with these diagnostics done, which should hopefully speed the rectification up a bit.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi Keith,

Doesn't seem to matter regardless of using an ethernet connection or WiFi, seems to be the openreach box to cabinet degrading bandwidth over time.

Thanks for the suggestion

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

If you connect a PC or whatever via a wired (Ethernet) connection directly into the modem's port that normally connects to your router, what sort of speed do you get there. If that is about right, what sort of connection is slowing down, wireless, wired or if both, is wired faster than wireless?

Keith

0 Likes