FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 150 - perfomance not what was promised

timple
Participant
Message 17 of 17

Hi all,

I was on Fibre 65 and getting a great service - 60 down 20 up - no complaints. Talktalk then phoned me up and offered an upgrade to Fibre 150 on a special offer. Why not I think? Openreach engineer came last week (25th Aug) and installed the G-fast face plate and added a modem. He warned me that it would take a few days to get to optimum.....

But now my Chromebook is telling me that I am getting only 70 down sometimes - sometimes 50 - and only 15 up.  So basically at the moment I am feeling it wasn't worth it and I should go back to the old tariff.

Any advice?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi timple

If the fault is found to be with Openreach equipment or due to the installation of the equipment then no engineer charges should be applied.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

timple
Participant
Message 2 of 17

Speed to the router seems to have stopped working. https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/speed-to-router

Is this just me?

My biggest beef is with reliability - it seems to be cutting out all the time. Screenshot 2021-12-13 121554.png

As long as my boxes are correctly installed - I won't be charged?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hello,

I've re-run the line test now which hasn't detected a fault. Would you like to go ahead with an engineer visit?

Thanks

0 Likes

timple
Participant
Message 4 of 17

Circular - tried the phone line - directed me to a test - sms back all fine. It isn't though.....

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi timple,

Thanks for answering the security questions, if you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit 

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi timple,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

I replied - what happens now - I am still not getting promised speeds. Check as below.

Screenshot 2021-10-12 132631.png

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi timple,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Ok thanks - I replied

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi timple

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

No changes to the installation since the 25th Aug! How do I arrange the visit?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi timple

Thank you for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Have any changes been made to your setup since your installation?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Ok will do so - is the standard talktalk speed test recommended?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

thanks - have done so.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 17

Hi timple

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile. I can then check the sync speed.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Please can you connect a pc via a wired connection to the router's port on the modem, in place of the router? Then do a speed test & that will tell you how fast the speeds are coming into the property. Then the problem can be dealt with from there.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?