FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 150 slow speeds

skinna119
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

I upgraded to Fibre 150 over 12 months ago and until the last couple of weeks my average speeds have always been over 120Mbs down and 20 -25 Mbs up which is more than sufficient for our needs. I have made no changes to my in house set up with the majority of appliances on wifi and my own Imac hard wired from the router into a hub where I run two ethernet cables to my tv and Sky box. My current speeds as tested on the Talktalk site are 30 Mbs down and 7 Mbs up.

I have visited the service center online several times and spent over a hour last night having an online chat trying to resolve the issue. The line speed entering my house is way down on the guaranteed minimum of 107Mbs but I am being told the issue is with my in house set up.

Earlier today I disconnected all wifi items from the router leaving my single ethernet cable and still no improvement.I had a similar issue las year and an Openreach engineer identified a fault at the local exchange , I feel sure the same thing is happening again.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi skinna119,

Apologies again for the missed appointment. I've rebooked the appointment for tomorrow morning (March 17 2021, 08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

I have been sitting here for over 5 hours waiting for an engineer to attend today between 1PM and 6PM as was arranged , I completed all the online questions yesterday , and after answering even more questions I was told  "it looks like you need an engineer to visit, we will see you between 1 and 6PM !!!

No one has had the courtesy to send me a message to say they are running late or wont be showing up as arranged which is extremely poor service, I do have  Fibre broadband service at the moment but it is currently over 70 percent slower than the guaranteed speed I pay for.

while I am writing this message I have just had a text apologising for the engineer not turning up and asking me to ring to re book another visit !!, 

Under the circumstances could you please arrange for an engineer to visit please , any day next week AM or PM except for Monday.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi skinna119

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 13/03 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi skinna119,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi skinna119

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Sorry, I forgot to say , yes I would like you to arrange an engineer to visit please, and by the way my download speed is now around 30 Mbps download and 6.6 upload !!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Thanks for getting back to me Michelle

There have been no changes to my internal set up, everything has been the same for over 12 months. I have connected a laptop directly to the Openreach Modem LAN connection and only getting 51 Mbs download into the building which is way under the guaranteed 107Mbs I pay for.

Surely this proves the fault is between the exchange and my house !?.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 13

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible fault towards the property. Just to confirm, has the set up changed at all or has any new equipment been connected to the line since this was first set up? If all testing has been completed then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Is the voice service also ok with no noise on the line?

Would you like to go ahead with an engineer visit and we can confirm some details with you to arrange this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Thanks, I await their reply 

Message 10 of 13

OK, thanks for that, the support team will pick this up as soon as they can, but it may not be until next week. 

Message 11 of 13

Hi I have just tested a laptop connected to the Openreach modem Lan port

speeds were 54.9 Mbs down and 7.5 Mbs up

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Just to rule out any issues with the router is it possible to test with a single device connected via ethernet directly to the LAN port of the Openreach modem?

Subject to that, if you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes