FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 150 slower than average download speeds, stuttering ping spikes in-game.

szechuany
Participant
Message 4 of 4

My download speeds have dropped from around 25 MB/s to less than 10 MB/s. This problem began very recently and I have also experienced constant ping spikes in-game. The latency itself is still very low (fluctuates around 20ms - 50ms). However. the spikes are very constant and affects the experience a lot. I have tried many diagnostics such as: Reinstalling windows and drivers. restarting router, resetting modem, checked lag reports to the games server etc yet the problem still persists.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi szechuany,

Thanks for the information. Line test is showing a voice (telephone) fault so I've raised this as a non-appointed task to BT Openreach. Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly. If you don't hear anything within 72 hours can you bump the thread and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

There is no dial tone and some static noises however the telephone appears to still work

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi szechuany,

I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks