FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 150 vs Future Fibre 150 - same or different?

RobbieG1
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

Is there a difference between the Fibre 150 product and the Future Fibre 150 product? Or are they the same thing?

Screenshot 2021-05-30 at 21.17.34.png

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

JamesHappy
Super Duper Contributor
Message 1 of 7

No you don't need a phone.

Sipgate is a low cost (free) Voip option and will move your old copper number for a one off charge of £30 or a new number for £0.....

Only charge for out going call.

In the depths of Bedfordshire, working part time, playing golf, caring for my wife and organising the world around me! Liking the speed from future fibre. Don't need to care about the distance from the green box any more, ADSL (or VDSL) issues, rebooting modems and then losing speed!

Message 2 of 7

That sounds fine for us as we don't actually use the phone line. Is there any reason to actually need one (we'd use mobiles for phone calls)?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

@RobbieG1 

Future Fibre does not have any phone service at all, if you have an old copper line that will be disconnected and TT does not have its own VOIP option.

Message 4 of 7

If fibre to the premises is available in your area, then yes. 

Message 5 of 7

So I guess that Future Fibre (which website says is available) is a better choice then as no reliance on copper?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Fibre 150 is still copper based, on certain lines within a short distance to the cabinet. Future Fibre 150 is delivered directly to the home by a new installation where available. 

0 Likes