FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 150

dapling
Team Player
Message 14 of 14

I upgraded to Fibre 150 on 21 April. Modem achieved just over 100Mbps download, which was lower than expected per the Openreach broadband checker, but higher than the solid 80/20 speed I had on Fibre 65 (although upload was worse).

Speeds slowly started deteriorating, eventually a 2nd engineer visited on 12 May and installed a different Master Socket; speeds were originally over 100 again after line reset, but have settled down to around 30-40Mbps.

Please can you advise what speed TT system is recording as my line sync speed and why I might be experiencing far slower speeeds than on VDSL and significantly less than guaranteed on the g.fast connection (100 Mbps minimum guarantee)?

Thanks

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi,

I've discussed this with my colleague and the Openreach modem is only specifically used for a GFAST connection/service and will not work on the standard fibre service.

Thanks

0 Likes

dapling
Team Player
Message 2 of 14

The point is that I'd rather use the modem. I fully understand that the wi-fi router is designed to sync with VDSL but not g.fast, hence the need for a separate modem to get Fibre 150.

However I'd like to know whether the Openreach modem is also able to sync with VDSL, as I'd prefer not to use the wi-fi router.

The loyalty team were not able to advise unfortunately. I don't expect the modem will need to be returned as it belongs to Openreach not TT.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 14

Hi dapling,

I'm sorry to hear this. As far as I'm aware the modem would no longer be required and it would be the Wifi Hub set up. Did our Loyalty Team advise if the modem has to be returned?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Thanks, Michelle, but I’ve already complained and we’ve agreed that there is nothing that can be done as the property is too far from the cabinet and won’t provide the guaranteed speed.

in this case, I will be looking to downgrade to Fibre 65 as it provided solid 80/20 despite only getting 70/10 on g.fast.

can you advise whether the Openreach modem provided for g.fast will sync on VDSL?

I am using an eero mesh router and would prefer to use a modem rather than a router to prevent double NAT. Unfortunately the TT black router doesn’t seem to offer a modem only mode, so I’d prefer not to reattach it when I move back to VDSL.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 14

Hello,

Would you like me to raise this as a complaint and request for a member of our tech complaints team to contact you directly?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

That would be the 6th engineer visit... They are basically saying they have done everything they can already. What are the next steps?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi

We can arrange a repeat engineer to follow up on this. Would you like to arrange this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

further engineer visit was arranged and Openreach attended yesterday and today. Despite spending a number of hours at the property and proposing a potential solution (to move the master socket), the engineer today refused to perform the work stating that his manager didn’t believe it would improve matters. Ultimately my broadband speed is below the guaranteed speed and I have an open complaint that is not being resolved. What are the next steps under the guarantee process? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi,

Unable to see what is causing this remotely, but the openreach modem is syncing at a low rate, so an engineer is the only way forward.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Thanks Karl, will do.

any idea what’s causing this? I had solid 80/20 prior to upgrade to g.fast.

the connection has only ever provided 100Mbps on day of install (and first reset) then has dropped quickly. Upload has never been above 10.

thanks again

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi

The line is in sync at 27mb and the profile is correctly set at 160mb, so an engineer is required.

Please report back here as soon as you are back from your break and we will get this booked in for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Thanks, Debbie, that would be great, unfortunately we're planning on going away for a break shortly.... Is it possible to get the line reset remotely, without an engineer visit? If not, I'll get back in touch soon.

Can you tell me what speed the line is synced at? I'm getting under 30Mbps the past few days.

Thanks again!

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi dapling

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see that the sync speed is low.

We would need to arrange another engineer visit, apologies for this.

Would you like me to arrange this visit for you?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes