FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 250 Package Speeds problem

parrot1553
Team Player
Message 46 of 46
Hello,

I upgraded my package from Fibre 150 to Fibre 250 on 22 April

I was told to wait 12 days until the new speeds take effect

However ,I am still only getting the old speeds ~150mbps

I contacted support via live chat and they told me this is within the minimum guaranteed speeds for Fibre 250 (133mbps guaranteed)and it is due to traffic. Spend nearly 2 hours trying to get them to fix the speed but to no avail.

I am getting 150mbps 24/7 even during midnight,so it cannot be traffic related.
It doesn't make sense to have the same speeds with a plan that promises nearly double the speeds and costs more.Meanwhile they covered their back by putting the guaranteed speed under the average for Fibre 150.

I never thought a company would lie so blatantly about their speeds,  Is it time to leave TalkTalk?
45 REPLIES 45

Message 1 of 46

Hi parrot1553

I have arranged the engineer visit for 07/06 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 46

Hi parrot1553,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 46

Hi parrot1553,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 46

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 46

Hi parrot1553,

OK thanks. I've sent you a PM to confirm some security information

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 46

I fear it is too late to arrange an engineer now and certainly not for Monday, the support team won't be back online before then. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 46

ok I confirm I accept the potential engineer charges. Please send an engineer over. I am Available Monday all day, but lets say 1pm.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 46

@parrot1553 You need to contact the customer services team directly to sort out any change of package. There is generally a charge for doing this mid-contract, but I am sure if you explain the situation they will relent on that score. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 46

Hello Chris,

Can I be moved back to Fibre 150 package plan please.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 46

I'm sorry but we can only book an engineer if you confirm that you accept potential engineer charges

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 46

Hello Chris, 

It also says "We'll charge you if the Openreach engineer was unable to find a fault with your service" which could easily be span up, with all the "minimum guaranteed speed" and other nasty clauses.  I would rather get back on my old plan, which had the same speed. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 46

Apologies for any confusion, there would be no charge if the problem is on our side. When you would and wouldn't be charged is explained in the help article I linked too

Thanks
Chris

Message 13 of 46

Wait, 

Are you seriously asking me to accept "potential" engineer charges when the fault is clearly on your side? 

I should in fact be receiving a refund instead due to it being almost a month with no fix.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 46

OK, if you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 46

Yes please, send an engineer

0 Likes

Message 16 of 46

OK thanks. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 46

Yes, they are capable of 1gbps.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 46

Hi parrot1553,

Just one last question, could you just confirm that the devices that you are running the speed tests on are capable of faster speeds.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 46

Hello Chris,

I did the factory reset on both devices. No improvement. 

Best Regards

0 Likes

Message 20 of 46

OK thanks for trying that. Our network team have asked if you can do a factory reset of both devices (modem and router) and then retest. If then still no improvement in throughput speeds we'll probably need to arrange an engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes