FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 250 Package Speeds problem

parrot1553
Team Player
Message 46 of 46
Hello,

I upgraded my package from Fibre 150 to Fibre 250 on 22 April

I was told to wait 12 days until the new speeds take effect

However ,I am still only getting the old speeds ~150mbps

I contacted support via live chat and they told me this is within the minimum guaranteed speeds for Fibre 250 (133mbps guaranteed)and it is due to traffic. Spend nearly 2 hours trying to get them to fix the speed but to no avail.

I am getting 150mbps 24/7 even during midnight,so it cannot be traffic related.
It doesn't make sense to have the same speeds with a plan that promises nearly double the speeds and costs more.Meanwhile they covered their back by putting the guaranteed speed under the average for Fibre 150.

I never thought a company would lie so blatantly about their speeds,  Is it time to leave TalkTalk?
45 REPLIES 45

Message 21 of 46

Hello Chris,

Just done that. Desktop PC directly wired to the modem,No difference in speeds.

Message 22 of 46

Hi parrot1553,

Our network team have asked if you could run a couple of speed tests on a device connected directly to the Openreach Modem via Ethernet cable, bypassing the router, to rule out any issues with the router. Could you give this a try and let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 46

Thanks for trying that. I'll raise this to our Network team and ask them to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 46

Wired

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 25 of 46

Are you running these speed tests wired, or wireless? 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 46

Hello Chris,

I followed your instructions,but unfortunately,same speeds 😞 This is from my desktop using speedtest.net and talktalk:

parrot1553_0-1652110690105.png

parrot1553_0-1652113558371.png

I did the troubleshoot guide on the talktalk account page and it says I need to have a microfilter between the modem and the socket? I just have a cable. But then again if that was the issue the Speed to the router would also be 152mbps right. So I don't know what the issue is,but 100% not my devices.

Message 27 of 46

Thanks. Your router is in sync at 329Mbps. I've tried something at our end so could you please run another speed test to see if there's any improvement. If there isn't then could you try switching the modem and router off again for at least 30 minutes then switch first the modem on followed 3 or 4  minutes later by the router 

Chris

Message 28 of 46

152mbps to be exact. On the phone its a bit less if I am further from the router.

Thanks

Message 29 of 46

OK thanks, and you get exactly 150Mbps on all devices?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 46

Hello Chris,

I am running the test on all devices,2 desktop connected via cable and 1 phone via wifi. Desktops are connected via cat7 and cat6a cables.They both have 1gbit network cards and modern hardware specs.

Message 31 of 46

Hi parrot1553,

Could I just ask what device you're running the speed tests on?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 32 of 46

Hi,

Yes, I powered down the modem along with the router the other day when you asked. I guess you will have to send an engineer, I will be home during the day today and tomorrow. Wed-Friday only after 8pm.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 46

Hi,

Thanks for confirming this as this does rule out the router. Did you also try powering down the Openreach modem too? If all testing has been completed wired and the devices are capable of receiving these speeds then the next step will be to arrange engineer visit to the property. If you would like to go ahead with this then please let us know and we can confirm some details with you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 34 of 46

Morning,

I don't have an alternative router, but I plugged the ethernet cable from my desktop pc directly to the openreach modem,no router. I then did a test and unfortunately,same speeds 152mbps down 29mbps up.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 35 of 46

Morning,

Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out. We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 36 of 46

The support team won't be back online until Monday. 

0 Likes

parrot1553
Team Player
Message 37 of 46

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes

Message 38 of 46

Yes, ran speed test after the restart on 2 desktop computers which are connected via cable and 1 phone via wifi,all have same speed. 152mbps down 29mbps up.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 46

Morning,

Thanks for trying this and I'm sorry to hear that there has been no improvement in speed. Did you run the speed test when connected wired? Do you see the same speed when running the speed test on more than one device?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 40 of 46

Turned it off, waited 30minutes,switched it back on. Same speeds. 

0 Likes