FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 35 constantly under minimum guaranteed speed

Boothen
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

My TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub (version SG4K10002816t) is constantly reporting that I have 40 Mbps down and 10 Mbps but about 2 weeks ago I can only get 14.5 Mbps down and 9 Mbps up. The connection is extremely stable and is the same on any device wired or wireless. I've also tried using the test point with a only a single computer connected via ethernet.

The more detailed router information is below:

Boothen_0-1638391408076.png

Is it possible DLM has notched the speed down for some reason? I've used the live chat but they insist that everything is working correctly on the backend despite the fact my speedtests say otherwise

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Boothen

I'm glad to hear that the speed has increased. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

Boothen
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Hi Skynet_TX,

A switch off for 35 minutes did the trick! I'm now seeing ~36Mbps down when next to the router which is what I was originally seeing. Thanks a lot for your help!

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Boothen,

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, that can often get the throughput speed back up to something much closer to the sync speed when it is switched back on.

If DLM had reduced your speed then it would be the sync speed (the 'Actual Rate' shown in your image) that would reduce. Your router is synced to the street cabinet at 40000, so a wired speed test should give you speeds of around 36 - 38, trying a +30 minute shutdown would be the first thing to try, if that still doesn't help then the staff here will be able to take a look when they are back tomorrow.

You do have a high noise margin, but I think that is just because you are capped to 40mbps on Fibre 35, and your line is capable of speeds up around 75, so that is actually a good thing and shows your router has a very strong signal.