FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 35 speeds

pwest25
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi all,

We set up our TalkTalk account for Fibre35 in April 2021 as where we live we aren't eligible for Fibre65 as where we live, the main box is so far away from the house. We've spoken to the customer support team a few times now as they guaranteed speeds between 10-27 mpbs, however the past few days on my gaming desktop computer we are only receiving 0.14mb and can't even load a webpage!! Our hub also seems to disconnect and the light goes orange around 8:30/9pm everyday.

I cannot seem to get through to the customer service team on the phone or online chat, can someone help us with  what we can do? We have been looking to switch as we are constantly dealing with slow internet everyday.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi pwest25

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @pwest25,

If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this also show low speeds, or are these speeds more like the ones you would expect.

If your router is losing connection regularly then this can have a knock on effect on your speeds until the issue causing the disconnections is resolved.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem (although you may need to leave the router connected at the test socket for 72+ hours before you would start to see a speed increase if this was the cause of the problem.)

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two. You may get faster support from the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 during opening hours.