FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 35 to 65

Sphynx_uk_09
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

I just upgraded to fibre 35 - can i now change this to Fibre 65 or more? 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Sphynx_uk_09

Thanks for confirming your details.

The predicted speed range for your line is showing between 37 and 36mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 35mb.

Debbie

Message 2 of 11

Hi Sphynx_uk_09

No problem 🙂

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

❤️ yes please 

Thank you

Message 4 of 11

Hi Sphynx_uk_09

Your line is currently in sync at 39.2mb.

Would you like me to check the predicted speed range for your line?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi @Sphynx_uk_09,

If that BT site I linked to above also indicates that 38 is around the maximum speed for your line then yes, you would be unlikely to get any benefit from upgrading to Fibre 65.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

I receive 38 at the router... 

So not sure then that i'm likely to benefit from a higher speed package. 

thank you for your help

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 11

Morning,

Just to confirm, do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Glad to hear that has speeded things up, one other thing you could check that I forgot to mention, is that you could log into your router to check your sync speed, if you are currently on Fibre 35 then if your router is syncing at 40mbps then that is likely to be an indication that your speed is being held back by the 40mbps cap of fibre 35, and that if you did have a faster package then you may well get faster speeds.

Message 9 of 11

Hi Skynet_TX

Thank you for the response. 

I have updated the community info as suggested 🙂 

I found some unusual set up where the phone line enters the house, the previous owners had multiple connections into it. I have reduced this down to a single one. Which seem to have boosted the speed hugely! 

Again thank you for your response

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Sphynx_uk_09,

The speeds you can get are based on the length of the phone line between your home and the street cabinet that your line is connected to. To get a rough idea of the maximum speed that your line could achieve you could search for your address on this site, the VDSL rows at the top of the search results will give you an indication of the maximum speeds that BT think your phone line could achieve.

Fibre 35 can provide speeds of up to 40mbps, so if the speeds shown on that site are 40 or below then there would be no point in moving to a 'faster' service, as you would probably not get any faster speeds.

The staff here on the community may also be able to check your connection and advise what speeds you might be able to achieve on faster packages. For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.

Skynet_TX_0-1617136534847.png