FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 35 upgrade

jre77
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 11

Hi there,

I’ve got a fibre upgrade happening on Thursday 12th. I’m away for a few days at the moment but my third party router is on. Is that going to be enough to be able to activate the service? It’s an upgrade from Fast Broadband.

Many thanks,

John.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

Try a wifi channel change and see if this helps.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

jre77
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 11

Ah, ok cheers. I have a third-party router (TP-Link Archer 2100) as I had issues with both models of TalkTalk router. To be fair it's mostly very fast it's just occasionally it'll slow right down for a minute or so. I guess it could be interference.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 11

No, that's your router. Which TalkTalk model do you have and can you test with that?

0 Likes

jre77
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 11

Everything seems fine with the Fibre 35 upgrade. The connection appears to be a lot more stable. I get a consistent 39 Mbps to the router but I've noticed the speed to the devices seems to fluctuate. One minute it's quite poor, the next minute it's brilliant. Is this all part of the line stabilisation process?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jre77
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 11

Cheers Karl. I’m away at the moment so I’ll sort it out when I get home. The router is VDSL compatible so should be fine. Thanks for checking that for me.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi

The fibre provide order was completed around 8pm last night, so fibre should now be live.

If you are using your own router currently, is this compatible with VDSL?  If it is, log into the router and check the connection type is set to auto or VDSL and not adsl.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

jre77
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 11

I’ve had nothing back from Openreach to say the upgrade has been successful. The texts I got in the run up to yesterday said they’d contact me when the work was completed.

In my account it says my package is now Fibre 35 but a line test says there’s an issue although its just that I’m offline and I suspect it could be because I have a third party router and it won’t be set up for Fibre at the moment.

Bit concerned that I’m going to come home from holiday to issues. Can someone look into this for me to see if the line work was completed?

Many thanks,

John.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hello,

Please let us know how you get on and if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 10 of 11

All that should be required is that an Openreach engineer will have to connect up your line from the PCP cabinet to the Fibre cabinet, so you shouldn't need to be at home.