FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 500 - Speeds and Coverage

SD449
Sightseer
Message 16 of 16

Hi

I had my Full Fibre 500 installed at the end of August and since then I have only just been getting the minimum guaranteed speed +/- 10mb

According to the talktalk account page the highest I have had in the last 7 days is 264mbps.

Is it normal to only ever have the minimum when the expected speed is much much higher?

Also in my bedroom of my 3 bed semi I seem to have good signal strength but I only get 50mb down and 0mb up.  Is this to do with signal strength?

If yes am I best to instal a mesh system to solve this?

Finally how come I didn’t get the Eero router, am I able to get this?

If not is it the same model that Amazon sell?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Ok, thank you for your replies.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 16

Then let's wait until you get that & if you still want my help, just let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

SD449
Sightseer
Message 3 of 16

I have an issue with Ethernet ports and @Debbie-TalkTalk  has suggested for sending out another router

Message 4 of 16

Hi SD449

I have posted on your other topic on the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 5 of 16

Talktalk please can you disable Wi-Fi optimisation as per the below post.

@KeithFrench Thank you for your reply if you could send me the info to get you the data you need.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 16

HI @SD449 

I do not see any point these days in splitting SSIDs, that was only really done to make it easier to know which Wi-Fi band you were connected to. However, all current TT routers provide a device listing that clearly shows this.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5364 router? This has the facility to overwrite any Wi-Fi changes made to the router’s configuration, which will not help rectify this type of problem. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply. However, in light of being a Future Fibre customer, you may have to ask them to do this for you.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results, so as I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 16

OK, as this seems to be a wireless issue with your Sagemcom Hub rather than an underlying problem with the Fibre setup I will ask our resident expert to help. He deprecates splitting SSIDs also so I hope he can guide you to a solution. @KeithFrench could you oblige, please?

Message 8 of 16

I think its the standard talktalk router with the bronze colouring in the holes.

Not something I have ever had to do and wonder how roaming on my devices would work.

I don’t understand why my devices are selecting it 2.4 ghz when some are in the same room. I.e. HomePod Mini and Apple TV 4K.

My iPhones and iPads were on 2.4ghz but turning off Private Address moved them to 5.0ghz, but that could just a coincidence as they reconnect after turning it off

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 16

Which router do you have? Any particular reason why you are averse to splitting the SSIDs?

SD449
Sightseer
Message 10 of 16

I have just noticed nearly all my devices are on the 2.4 ghz band.

How do I get them to try connecting again to the 5.0 ghz band without separating the bands?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi

We have no direct contact with the teams and you will need to contact them directly so they can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

SD449
Sightseer
Message 12 of 16

Are you able to actually speak to them or is chat the only option?

Trying chat again now as only getting 50mb via speedtest at the moment

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi SD449

Apologies for this.

I would suggest contacting them again as this is the team who would need to look into this.

Thanks

Message 14 of 16

I used the chat on the website and got told my speed was fine as at the minimum Guarantee

didnt offer much help regarding my other issues

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 16

Hi SD449,

Welcome to the Community. Have you tried speaking to our Future Fibre support team, they should be able to help with your questions

Chris