FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 being restricted during peak hours!

daz19721
Team Player
Message 36 of 36

My download speed is being restricted during peak hours and goes back to normal after peak hours and during the day. there is no change in my usage except for the use of an amazon firestick in the evening which is not watchable due to the constant buffering. What happened to the TalkTalk promise of not throttling usage during peak hours? Like many others I am not happy with this service!

TT speedtest.pngTT Speedtest 2.pngspeedtest.pngSpeedtest outside peak times.png

Daz
0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 21 of 36

Same here Cornish, had no problems prior to changing to fibre65, faster fibre was much more relieable than this crap. Even during the lockdowns last year I had no issues, the problems only started in Jan this year when moved to fibre65.. so some theories of lockdown exchange congestion seems a pretty weak excuse 🙄

Daz
0 Likes

Message 22 of 36

It's exchange congestion during lockdown.

0 Likes

Cornishman147
First Timer
Message 23 of 36

I am experiencing exactly the same issue since signing up for Fibre 65 on the 8th of this month. Daytime download speeds in the low 60s, but from 8pm til 10ish every evening drops to single figures. 

Called Support who sent email detailing channel changing on the router, but I run a wifi tracker which shows no neighbours routers are interfering with mine.

Totally disillusioned with TT 

Cornishman147

Message 24 of 36

Trev, I have a vpn thanks m8 and it makes no difference, my line gets throttled every night but apparently it's my phone, or my setup at fault for about 3 hours every night, yeah right on TT. This lot are a bunch of jokers talking crap and reading the same scripts every time i chat to them. I should have a case of not providing the service i'm paying for to get rid of them to be honest! One last try tonight with parrot fashion script kiddies that don't realise.. some of us know a lot more about computers then them reading off a pc screen parrot fashion, then i'm gonna try getting rid of them and go to a more relieable provider.

Daz
0 Likes

Message 25 of 36

Daz,

Try a VPN (a free VPN) as a test like seriously ever since I purchased a VPN.  I've noticed that things on my Firestick that would usually buffer or not even play, now just play without buffering, which the Talktalk people will have you jumping through hoops blaming your hardware / equipment etc but my advise is to simply try a VPN.

I could go into more detail but when I do my comments get deleted on here.

Message 26 of 36

Chris the above ss was a speedtest with no phone connected to my FTTC socket, the ss below is taken from a speedtest with faceplate removed, a new filter in the test socket and router cable plugged in!test socket.png

I have had numerous chats online with agents who keep repeating the same bs and want me to pay for an engineer to come look at my setup.. I can guarantee my setup is fine, always has been, even the bt engineer who moved my master socket to my living room said i would see little drop at peak hours due to my house being just 400 yards from the towns main phone exchange but yet you lot follow a script over and over and over and just won't listen to what i'm telling you!

Daz

Message 27 of 36

Chris, there is no issue with my phone, I don't expect my fibre bb to drop down to this kind of level during peak hours only from my usual 75mbps connection, if it was my phone i would surely have this issue all day and just not during peak hours!Really.png

Daz
0 Likes

Message 28 of 36

Hi daz19721,

Line test is picking up a potential telephone issue. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 36

Ahh.. back to normal speeds almost!
speedtest back up to normal.png

Daz
0 Likes

Message 30 of 36

Just to document the issues im getting here's another screenshot of my fibre 65 speeds during peak hours, no extra devices connected, same setup as always that gets me 75mb during the day time right up until around 8 pm and then slows down till 11 pm!

speed check.png

Daz
0 Likes

Message 31 of 36

Latest speed test a few mins ago...speed check latest.png

Daz
0 Likes

Message 32 of 36

Wired

Daz
0 Likes

Message 33 of 36

Are these results wired, wireless, or both?

Subject to that wait until the support team respond, additional posts just bump you to the back of the queue each time. 

Message 34 of 36

Speedtest done a few mins ago, nothing has changed at my end, no extra items connected

speedtest peak hours.png

Daz
0 Likes

daz19721
Team Player
Message 35 of 36

Just done a random speedtest while i wait for a response, got my standard connection speed, helps living only 400 yards from the main exchange but still does not explain the 50mbps drop during peak hours!

speedtest out of peak hours.png

Daz
0 Likes