FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 flashing orange

naomimorton05
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

My WiFi was supposed to go live today, an openreach engineer rang to say they were outside and it was all set up and ready to go. My router has been flashing orange since I arrived home from work and isn’t connecting. Please can you suggest how this can be rectified?

Thanks 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi naomimorton05

Sorry for the delay.

Has this been working ok since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

naomimorton05
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Hi, 

Thank you for the detailed response, I realised I have two sockets and only one of them works for talk talk! It’s up and running now!

Thank you again 🙂

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @naomimorton05,

In theory things can take until midnight to go live, but if Openreach have confirmed they have finished their work you should not really have a flashing amber light any more.

Did you receive a text/email to confirm your service had gone live ?. Are you able to log into the 'My Account' site to check the status of your activation ?

Can you ensure that the cable that connects the router to the phone socket is firmly attached.

Can you ensure that you have used the new cables and microfilter (if required) supplied with your router to connect it to the phone socket.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line). Can you also dial 17070, this will read back the phone number of the line, can you ensure this is the number you expect (i.e. the number displayed in 'My Account').

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or phoning up over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

But there will be no point trying to contact TalkTalk until after midnight tonight, as they will just tell you that you need to wait until midnight.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

0 Likes