FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 free wifi hub

Jean121
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I extended contract to the fibre 65 but the free wifi hub disappeared from the basket and is not showing in order details. 

Will I still be receiving the new hub as an existing customer? My current router is quite old.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Jean121

Thanks for updating your profile.  

I have checked the account and the hub has been dispatched, Should be with you early next week. 

Test with the new router and let us know.

Regards

Message 2 of 5

I have updated the profile now, and in regards to the current router, the wifi speeds appear to vary wildly even while being right next to it or in the next room over. The range is also quite small.

Sometimes its around 30mb which is close to normal rate we've had on cable and then others times it goes to as low as 10mb download speed.

I also believe we were quoted higher rates than 35mb download speed on the fibre 65 but speedtests aren't going much higher even on wired connection.

Thank you

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Jean121

Thanks for your post.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Jean121,

If your current router supports fibre then you will not normally get a new hub for free when you upgrade to fibre.

If there were any problems with your current router then the staff here may be able to help with that, and if they thought a replacement was required they would be able to arrange that.

If you did have any issues you wanted investigating then for the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into them you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.