FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 losing connection.

Maybel
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

I recently renewed contract and upgraded to Faster Fibre 65. All seemed to go well at first.  However, lately the connection keeps failing daily.  If we are watching an hour long programme the connection will fail at least half a dozen times,  it is really annoying to say the least. 

I have done all the tests, line/ Broadband/ connection and all come back as ok.  I don't get the 65 speed, but we didn't before and that was fine as we didn't have any problems.  That's why I have stayed loyal and renewed year after year.  

After reading through the other posts it seems I'm far from alone with this particular issue.  We have had our router (HG 633) for quite a few years so I'm wondering if this could be the problem. 

I've never posted on here before,  will a Talk Talk person respond, or should I call?

Thank you for any help!

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Maybel,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Chris

Message 2 of 11

Yes please,  that would be great!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Maybel

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Thank you for your reply. 

Still having the same frequent problem.  The broadband light on the router stays on and the wireless and internet lights flash. 

As I said originally this has only happened since I last renewed/upgraded, previously we have never had any problems at all. 

Could it be the router?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 11

Hi Maybel,

How are you getting on? I've run a line test, it passed and not showing any disconnections over the last few days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11
Yep, if the 'Broadband' light is staying solid green all the time then you may be having a problem with Wi-Fi interference, so would be worth trying those suggestions in that other topic.

Message 7 of 11

I see, so the answer is no,  I don't have any wired connections.  When we next lose the signal I will look at the lights situation on the router. 

I have also been looking at the thread @AnotherTracy  started whose problem seems identical to mine.  I will try following that advice too.

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

By 'wired' devices I mean devices that are actually connected to the router using a cable, rather than using Wi-Fi.

The staff here on the community will be able to check your router remotely to see if it has been losing connection with the internet. As the problem here could be one of two things :

1) Your router is losing connection with the internet (this would make the 'Broadband' light go out and then flash), this would mean all of your devices (both wired and wireless) would lose internet connection at the same time.

2) Your router is staying connected to the internet fine (the 'Broadband' light remains solid green) but your wireless devices are losing Wi-Fi connection with your router, if this was the case then this may just affect some of your wireless devices, and any devices that were connected 'wired' would not be affected and would remain connected to the internet.

Message 9 of 11

Thanks for your reply,  I'm not very technical so might not understand exactly what you mean.  Firstly it's awkward as it happens when we are watching TV in the living room and our router is upstairs,  although next time I will rush up and look.  It happens when we are watching Now TV, it's that what you mean by a wired device? If one or both of us happen to be on our tablets when it happens they lose the connection as well.  

Thanks for the advice,  I will update my details now. 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Maybel

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case the 'Broadband' light would go out and then flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the 'Broadband' light would always just remain solid green, even when you are having these problems).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two to help further.