FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 missing equipment

Steve Price
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

Hello,

I have recently upgraded my account to fibre65, which went live on 29th June2021. I was told during the upgrade phone call that I would be receiving a new router and tv box. Neither has arrived yet, also my speed is 35M, nowhere near the 65M advertised.

Obviously this is not very satisfactory, so could someone please look into it?

Thank you

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Bazzatay, thanks for the link. It confirms that TalkTalk TV does not provide anything which I can't get elsewhere either free, or as a subscription service.

Message 2 of 15

@Steve Price wrote:

Thank you Karl, that point was not made clear at all when I signed up. So, as I understand it, I am being charged £4.95 per month for being ab;le to access on demand TV on my computer that is available free of charge? I don't see what advantage the extra cost gives me. I can already watch iPlayer etc on my computer or smart TV. What am I paying for?

Hi @Steve Price

You get all this https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-TalkTalk-TV/ta-p/2279095

Regards

Message 3 of 15

Thank you Karl, that point was not made clear at all when I signed up. So, as I understand it, I am being charged £4.95 per month for being ab;le to access on demand TV on my computer that is available free of charge? I don't see what advantage the extra cost gives me. I can already watch iPlayer etc on my computer or smart TV. What am I paying for?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi

ferguson is correct, all packages include an aspect of TV to allow customers to access services such as the Online TV store, access the discounted Now TV voucher offers etc.

A TV box is only provided if specifically ordered at the point of sale and is added for a one of charge of £25.

If you did not specifically add a TV box then none would be provided.

If you do want to add one to your account, give our customer loyalty teams a call and they can add this to your package for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 15

All packages include TV to a degree, did you specifically order a box at a cost of £25?

Message 6 of 15

Hi Debbie,  yes, it shows broadband, phone and tv. Also my welcome letter shows my package as fibre 65 with tv.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi Steve

If you log into My Account does it show that the TV package has been ordered?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Thank you Debbie. Do you have any idea when my tv box will arrive?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi Steve

Sorry for the delay.

I have ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know once the replacement router is connected and we can complete some further checks.

Thanks

Debbie

ferguson
Community Star
Message 10 of 15

OK, thank you for the added information. Please wait now for the support team to pick this up and advise further, they will do so as soon as they can after they are back online tomorrow. 

Message 11 of 15

Thanks

Message 12 of 15

The number was as reported by my router, which is an Archer VR900. I have done the switch off you mentioned and now my router is showing only 29M. My signup letter tells me I should look forward to  speeds of between 36 and 58Mbps. Obviously I cannot be sure my router is suitable, but I have no way of testing because TalkTalk have not supplied me with an approved device.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 13 of 15

Is the number you mention shown on speedtests, or on the router connection itself? Were you not given a guaranteed minimum speed at the point of sale?  Have you tried switching off the router for a full 30 minutes to refresh the session? Only do this once though. Finally, which make/model of router do you have now?

Sorry for all the questions, but  if you let us know it will help the support team when they pick this up.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 14 of 15

The "advertised" speed is the average across all customers on the product, so forget about 65 unless that is actually what was advised to you as your minimum guaranteed speed when you upgraded.

You can find your line-specific minimum guaranteed speed in Service Centre.

0 Likes