FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 offered wired directly to the house?

jon_c78
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 17

I got offered to renew from fasterfibre onto fibre 65. (I was actually advised fibre 35 is unavailable?!) Anyway I agreed, and the chap advised he would need to send a surveyor out from openreach to arrange new data only line. And a new router would be sent out. 

I then went online to discover that fibre 35 and 65 are the same but with potentially faster speeds. Fibre 150 is the "full" fibre.

What is the need therefore for openreach installing full fibre to the house, with a dedicated new line and a new router??

Regards

Jon
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I'd recommend contacting the Future Fibre Team via Live Chat as they should be able to look into this further for you. They are available from 9am today.

Thanks

0 Likes

jon_c78
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 17

The manager never called.  It was however revealed through conversation ,that there are TWO fibre 65. One is fttc the other fttp. The TT website does not clearly show this ,and the staff also seemingly unaware.

Jon

Message 3 of 17

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this and hopefully the manager will be able to get to the bottom of this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

jon_c78
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 17

Saga continues. A call this morning to ask why fttp was being installed for fibre65, confirmed no notes on the system about my agreed fibre65 deal. The phone side of the deal was sorted, but there was nothing recorded at all, including that of any fibre65 deal, fttp, new router, openreach engineer etc etc.

This morning's agent confirmed there is no fibre65 phone/broadband pack.

So now there is a callback from a manager to listen back to the call to understand what was "agreed". 

Confusing.

Jon
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 17

It would appear that the OP and others are now being offered a new FTTP product that is not yet on general release.

Message 6 of 17

Morning,

I'd recommend contacting the Future Fibre Team directly so they can look into this further for you. They are available on Live Chat from 9am.

Thanks

jon_c78
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 17

*thus having...

Jon
0 Likes

jon_c78
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 17

@Gliwmaeden2

You are right about no phone included. But the agent said he was basically 'creating' a package that wasn't usually available. And would involve down grading my existing line to phone line, and installing another data only line which is the fibre. This having a phone and broadband plan.

Jon

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 17

Future Fibre won't come with a phone boost, at the moment anyway, @jon_c78.

@Skynet_TX, orders for FF don't show in My Account, as far as I can tell. It takes time to set up new accounts for FF.

Something very odd going on here, and for one or two other customers. 

Get onto 03451 720088 or Chat as early as you can, from 9am,  @jon_c78, to see if they can clear this up.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

jon_c78
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 17

Yes, a bit confused 🙂 thanks

Jon

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 17

Ok, might just be best to wait for the staff here to respond to this post (hopefully tomorrow), to see if they can help explain what has happened.

jon_c78
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 17

....Nor should I add is fibre 65  noted on My Account.

Jon
0 Likes

jon_c78
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 17

There is an email received regarding a phone boost , which was offered as part of the deal. There is no email regarding the fibre 65 or the details of that.

Jon
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 14 of 17

It does sound like they think they are installing a faster Full Fibre (FTTP) service for you, if you log into 'My Account' does it give any indication of an order being in progress for you, if so does that say Fibre 65, or something else.

0 Likes

jon_c78
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 17

That would be great. I was advised I will need an engineer from openreach and a new router for this. I was also advised fibre 35 was unavailable and fttc wasn't in place anymore

Jon
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Hi @jon_c78,

Fibre 35 and Fibre 65 are FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet) services, the connection from the cabinet to your home is still the old copper phone line. so something does sound a bit odd here, as you do not have fibre installed to your home for Fibre 35/65.

The staff here may be able to check the details on your account tomorrow to see if they can help clarify.