FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 poor speed and constant service drop out

aileendar
Whizz Kid
Message 76 of 76

Since transferring to fibre 65 from my previous package I've been unable to get the guaranteed speed and I'm constantly getting a 'no internet connection' message on my laptop & other devices. 

Running speed tests always results in a 'poor' result as shown below, this was this mornings, I've had to reboot my router twice already today with no improvement in bandwidth.

Talktalk speed.PNG

0 Likes
75 REPLIES 75

Message 21 of 76

Chris any day this week apart from Wednesday will be fine thanks.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 76

Are you available any time for the visit, AM and PM? Would you just like us to book the soonest appointment available?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 76

Ok Thanks can you arrange this please?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 76

Hello,

Apologies for this. Unfortunately if the line tests are clear then the only option we have is to arrange another engineer visit to see if the engineer can resolve this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 76

OK I get that we're jumping through hoops here now, but as I said nothing has changed since the last engineer visit so I'm still at a loss as to what this is going to achieve. Unless of course the last Openreach engineer was lying about the line speed, surely not!

0 Likes

Message 26 of 76

Hi aileendar,

Changing to fibre 65 shouldn't have reduced your speed, I can't really see any reason why this would happen

TV is just there in case you do want to add the TV service in future, you're not paying for it.

If speeds are below the guaranteed minimum then our only option really is to arrange an engineer visit, we're not throttling your speeds

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 76

To be honest with you Chris I don't know what that's going to achieve? The engineer was here just over a week ago and told us the line was fine and that he was seeing 40 Mbps which the Talk Talk router isn't. The engineer also told us that if the speed drops then changing the router won't bring the speed back up, as a former Radio & Comms electrician I find that a bit of a puzzling comment, although I have to admit to having no experience with fibre optics, surely a line can either handle a given speed or it can't and if it can and there's no fault on the line & no fault in the property then the speed must be being throttled?

Why is it that we had our previous guaranteed speed until we changed to Fibre 65?

Can you tell me when the 30 days kicks in, is it from when we took out the contract or from when we reported the fault?

I'm also at a loss as to why we have TV on our contract? WE don't have a Talk Talk TV box?

EDIT: since writing this reply I've logged on to the router and it's reporting download speed of 36.6 Mbps which is a fair difference from the 28 Mbps that the Ookla speed test on the service dashboard is reporting.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 76

Hi aileendar,

No the TV wont drag the bandwidth down. If the speed doesn't improve further over the weekend then we will probably need to arrange another engineer visit 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 76

It's been relatively stable but dropped out at around 2225 last night for about ten minutes. One thing I've noticed in my account is that it states we have phone, fibre & TV, we've never had TT TV could that be dragging the bandwidth down? - Clutching at straws here I know 🐵

I think the bottom line is that we have a guaranteed speed of 40 Mbps which has never been achieved since we took out the new contract a couple of months back.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 76

Morning,

Thanks for posting back. I've just re-checked the connection stats and again the sync speed has increased ever so slightly since I last checked. The sync speed appears to be going up but very slowly. I will check the speed again on Monday morning and will post back. Can I just confirm, how has the overall performance of your connection been?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 31 of 76

No better I'm afraid. Talk talk.PNG

0 Likes

Message 32 of 76
0 Likes

Message 33 of 76

I will do.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 76

Morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats again now and the sync speed has increased slightly since we checked yesterday so it looks like the speed is still slowly increasing. Would it be possible to monitor for a few more days without rebooting the router please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 35 of 76

Not much better, still nowhere near the guaranteed speed. Until we changed to Fibre 65 we had a stable 31 to 35 Mbps, since the change it's constantly dropped and as you can see it's now slower than when I first reported it. Capture.PNG

0 Likes

Message 36 of 76

OK thanks. Your line profile isn't limiting your speed so could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and check the speed again please.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 37 of 76

Hi Chris,

No change I'm afraid, still half of the guaranteed speed, as we have never had the guaranteed speed since changing to Fibre 65 that must now mean that TalkTalk are in breach of contract?Capture.PNG

0 Likes

Message 38 of 76

Hi aileendar,

DLM changed your profile yesterdays so could you please check your speeds again and let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 39 of 76

Hi Debbie,

I've tested the speed wireless & using and ethernet cable 20 Mbps to the Router wireless and 21 Mbps wired. Which is worse than when we first reported the fault. The speed before we 'upgraded' to Fibre 65 was usually in the region of 31 - 32 Mbps. We've never had the guaranteed speed and certainly never had anything like the 41 - 51 Mbps that the dashboard suggests. Talktalk.PNG

0 Likes

Message 40 of 76

That was wireless I'll try using a cable when I get back from work

0 Likes