FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 poor speed and constant service drop out

aileendar
Whizz Kid
Message 76 of 76

Since transferring to fibre 65 from my previous package I've been unable to get the guaranteed speed and I'm constantly getting a 'no internet connection' message on my laptop & other devices. 

Running speed tests always results in a 'poor' result as shown below, this was this mornings, I've had to reboot my router twice already today with no improvement in bandwidth.

Talktalk speed.PNG

0 Likes
75 REPLIES 75

Message 41 of 76

Hi aileendar

I've checked the connection stats again and the line is in sync at 32.6mb.

Was your last speed test wired or wireless?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 42 of 76

Hi Debbie

The engineer said 40 Mbps last night and this this morning it's showing as 20 - 21 Mbps running a speed test from the service dashboard.

0 Likes

Message 43 of 76

Hi aileendar

What speed was the engineer receiving on the speed tests before they left?

What speed are you receiving this morning?

0 Likes

Message 44 of 76

Openreach engineer was here this morning told me that once the speed drops & you change router you can't get the speed back without "an adjustment" he left saying the speed was back up to 40 Mbps, I've just run an ookla speed test from the service dashboard and it's still only half the guaranteed speed.

0 Likes

Message 45 of 76

Hi aileendar,

I've booked the appointment for tomorrow morning (September 30 2021,AM), please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 46 of 76

Thanks for that tip, worked a treat!

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 47 of 76

The reply box is not functioning for anyone, @aileendar.

To reply that way, click on the OCE's avatar/name and then on SEND MESSAGE (on a turquoise background) and maybe start it with "in response to your message...." etc.

For anything confidential in a reply do that for now.

For more general stuff just reply on this thread.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 48 of 76

Hi Debbie,

I got another DM from you but the forum webpage won't let me reply to these, can you see why that is? The account is in my previous name Aileen Darby.

0 Likes

Message 49 of 76

Hi Debbie, yes we're aware of potential charges, but as the master socket is right next to where the new drop wire is I'd be very surprised if the fault is inside. Engineer can call any day apart from Wednesday this week and any day next week.

0 Likes

Message 50 of 76

Hi aileendar

Could you confirm potential engineer charges and availability on this thread?

0 Likes

Message 51 of 76

Hi Debbie, I've done that but I'm not able to reply to your DM there's a reply box but no option to send? 

0 Likes

Message 52 of 76

Hi aileendar

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 53 of 76

Hi Michelle,

Yes that would be good, we're very confident the problem is outwith our house. The last time we had a speed issue, Openreach discovered a fault between the top of their pole in the street & the bottom, at that time they rewired from the pole into the house & installed a new master socket.

The only other thing I've noticed is the service dashboard is stating that the router software needs updating, I thought this happened automatically during the night? I've logged in to the router the software version is SG4K100130

0 Likes

Message 54 of 76

Morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and the line test is still clear, however I can't see any increase in speed. If 2 different routers, cables and microfilters have been tested at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit. Would you like to go ahead with this and we can confirm some details with you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 55 of 76

Hi Michelle,

Still no better I'm afraid TalkTalk speed.PNG

0 Likes

Message 56 of 76

Hello,

Thanks for the update. It can take DLM a few days to start optimising the connection and increasing the speed if the connection remains stable and the errored seconds are low. Please could you post back here on Thursday and we can re-check the connection stats for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 57 of 76

Thanks Karl, It's here and online, not seeing any increase speed, I'm taking it that it may need a day or two to settle??

0 Likes

Message 58 of 76

Hi

The router is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 59 of 76

Yes that would be good

0 Likes

Message 60 of 76

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes