FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 poor speed and constant service drop out

aileendar
Whizz Kid
Message 76 of 76

Since transferring to fibre 65 from my previous package I've been unable to get the guaranteed speed and I'm constantly getting a 'no internet connection' message on my laptop & other devices. 

Running speed tests always results in a 'poor' result as shown below, this was this mornings, I've had to reboot my router twice already today with no improvement in bandwidth.

Talktalk speed.PNG

0 Likes
75 REPLIES 75

Message 61 of 76

Hi Michelle,

Still connected to the test socket through a new micro filter. I don't have another router unfortunately.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 62 of 76

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed has dropped and the connection looks very unstable. Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment? Do you also have an alternative router that you can test with please?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 63 of 76

Thanks for your tests, it saves you having to them tomorrow. I will ask TalkTalk support to investigate this for you. Please try to avoid posting on here now, until they pick it up, as it might put you down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 64 of 76

Just carried out a speed check it's 32 to the router & 17 to my laptop with all other devices off, I've tried both the 2.4GHz & 5 GHz networks and there's no perceivable difference. Internet dropped again at 0100  last night, when this happens I'm seeing that I'm still connected to through WiFi and have a strong signal but my devices report 'No Internet Access'.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 65 of 76

Is the sync speed still slow at the router, or only slow as a speed test on your device?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

aileendar
Whizz Kid
Message 66 of 76

So an update i had a connection which kept dropping on line chat with service desk got me to do a factory reset and also plug in a new microfilter into test socket now i have no internet connection at all internet light on router is off apart from power all others are flashing.

EDIT: Internet connection returned after several hours off, speed still under 30 Mbps

ferguson
Community Star
Message 67 of 76

@KeithFrench I am curious: is this different to the TalkTalk guidance on master sockets? Could you PM me a copy please? 

0 Likes

Message 68 of 76

I'll give it a go thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 69 of 76

I will PM you my guide on Master sockets

Keith

ferguson
Community Star
Message 70 of 76

Have a look here and tell us which one it is:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432 

Regardless of exact type, you can remove the faceplate and then connect the router to the test socket using a microfilter. This rules out any issues with internal wiring, or the faceplate itself.

0 Likes

Message 71 of 76

It's not that type of socket it has the phone port & the ADSL port

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 72 of 76

Hi @aileendar 

Just squeeze in the retaining clips near the bottom to remove the faceplate:-

5c faceplate.png

The test socket is shown below:-

5C Test socket.png

Keith

ferguson
Community Star
Message 73 of 76

You should have got a couple of plugin microfilters with your router.  Otherwise you can pick them up easily and cheaply online, or at a variety of stores. 

0 Likes

Message 74 of 76

Hi Keith it's an NTE5c master socket, Openreach installed this together with a new drop wire a couple of years back, so no micro-filters.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 75 of 76

If the speed to the router is poor, before investigating it, TalkTalk will probably ask you to try the router in the test socket. This is the one that can be found behind the removable faceplate on your master socket. Once you have removed the faceplate, the test socket can be seen on the right. Try that now, ideally with a new microfilter & see what speed you get, because the TalkTalk support team on this forum will not be back until Monday now.

However, the speed at the device may be able to be improved now. How do you connect to the router from the device, via a wired (Ethernet) connection or a wireless one?

Keith

0 Likes