FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 running at half speed.

Chris-Sowels
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi I upgraded to fibre 65 a while ago now, and have never really looked into the speed I can get. My son was complaining about the speed on a game he was playing . I said it should no longer be an issue but when I run a speed test it maxes out in the low 30s. How do I get the higher 50-60 that I assume I've paid for? I've tried resetting the router,and nothing s changed. Can anyone help?

Cheers

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hey Ladylorr, seems I had an upgrade which my local box? couldn't support, maybe yours is the same problem?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Chris

Apologies you were not advised this when you upgraded to Fibre 65,

The speed would only increase if you were already receiving the full 40mb. If you contact our Loyalty Team using Live Chat then they can arrange changing the package back for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Ladylorr
First Timer
Message 3 of 8
I'm having exactly the same problem ... although they advertise speeds of 62, I get an average of 32 but when you speak to the Techs, they tell you that the average speed for that package is 25??! Somebody is very much in the wrong here ... hope you get it sorted x
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie, so an upgrade from fibre 35 to 65 is pointless if my speed is only 29. Is that correct? I was hoping for a faster line, maybe 50-60 Mbps .is that not possible?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Chris

Thanks for confirming your details.

I've checked and the predicted speed range for your line is showing between 32.2 and 29mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 26.1mb.

Your current sync speed is within the predicted range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thanks Debbie, do I just pick that message up here? I'm a newbie as my profile quite rightly suggests lol 😆

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi Chris

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 35mb.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes