FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 slow again

Veiled
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

Hi again,

I am once again getting slow speeds with Fibre 65. This was fixed last year after an engineer visit but from what I can see the speeds are back to Fibre 35 levels. Can you please check this for me? If there is no solution to this issue maybe a downgrade back to Fibre 35 might be an option as this is not stable.

I remember this post from Skynet who helped me before hence why I am posting again.

If you are now on Fibre 65, but your estimated speeds are 31 to 39 then being on Fibre 65 is pointless, as Fibre 35 can provide speeds of up to 40. 

Regards,

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Veiled,

I'm glad to hear that performance has remained consistent.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Afternoon Michelle,

This was consistent over the weekend and I did another speed test which gave me download speeds of 54 Mbps so I guess that is within the Fibre 65 range.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and the sync speed looks consistent over the last 48hrs. How have you found the speed/overall performance over the weekend?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi,

Great thank you. I'll post back on Monday morning. Have a lovely weekend 🙂

Thanks

Message 5 of 12

Hi Michelle,

Absolutely, thank you for keeping an eye on this. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi,

Only a line test earlier this morning. I've re-checked the connection stats now and I can see that the sync speed has increased. Would it be ok to monitor this over the weekend and we can check back in with you on Monday morning to see how the connection looks over the next 48hrs?

Thanks

Message 7 of 12

Hi Michelle,

Yes, I can see the test socket. I am not sure if you did something right now but I can see my speed has been bumped back to the previous levels. I can confirm this by downloading with the speeds of 7.2 MB/s before it was maximum of 5.0 MB/s

Regards,

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hello,

Ok thank you for confirming. Does your main socket have a test socket please? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket please so we can see if DLM makes any changes to the speed?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Skynet_TX Thank you for your reply.

I have done a speed test from the link you have provided and these are the results. I remember seeing 70 Mbps or 65 Mbps before but seem like this has gone down quiet alot.

All done!

We've finished measuring your speed, and here are your results.

39.7 Mbps

Your average download speed

11.7 Mbps

Your average upload speed

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 12

Morning,

Can I just confirm, what speeds were you seeing prior to this speed drop? Does your main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @Veiled,

Have you been getting speeds well above 40mbps before these problems returned ?

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your ‘Estimated Speed’ and your ‘Measured Speed’. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to that ‘Measured Speed’.

That area of the Service Centre should also show you your guaranteed minimum speed.

As you quoted in your message, if your estimated speeds are under 40mbps then being on Fibre 65 is giving you no speed benefit compared to Fibre 35, as Fibre 35 can provide speeds of up to 40mbps.

The support team here on the community will also be able to help when they are back tomorrow.