FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 slow and intermittently disconnecting

Dodge08
Chatterbox
Message 33 of 33

I upgraded from fast fibre to Fibre 65 last year and was never happy with the speed it was providing , around 37mbps when I was getting around 35mbps on the fast fibre contract. An OpenReach engineer tested the line and told me that was the best i was going to get so i had to accept that. Over the last 6 to 8 weeks the speed has been gradually dropping and now i am getting 27.46 mbps download . When I took out the contract it stated that I will be receiving a speed between 35 to 55 MBPS. Reading through other customers complaints on this forum there appears to be a problem with the speeds being capped if there is a fault on the LINE and I was wondering if this could be the problem in my case. My relative who is on the same Fibre 65 lives 10 doors away receives a download speed of 56mbps. That is from the telegraph pole before my one. I also have a problem with my broadband cutting out for a minute or two and then coming back on, this happens sometimes twice a day at various times. I hope I can get some help from this forum 

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Dodge08
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 33

Hi Arne , thanks for your fast response, much appreciated

Dodge08

0 Likes

Message 3 of 33

Hi @Dodge08

A credit has been raised to clear the charge.

you will see it in the transaction history in My Account.

Regards

0 Likes

Dodge08
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 33

I had my last engineer visit booked for May 17th. The engineer informed me he couldn’t come until May 18th as the cherry picker was unavailable to check the top of the telegraph pole. He informed me that there were corroded connections at the top of the pole which he would clean up. It did not make much improvement to the speed . I told the engineer that the minimum connection speed guaranteed on my account is 39Mbps and he told me that I would not be able to reach this speed, the maximum I was going to get was 36Mbps at the pole , no internal work was done on the property. I had to accept that I was not going to get any better to reach your stated guaranteed 39Mbps so I am still paying for something that I was never going to receive. To make matters worse I received my monthly bill this morning with a £65 engineer visit added. There was no fault internally, just the corroded connections at the top of the telegraph pole which didn’t improve the speed but appears to have cured the cutting out problem. So I would like the £65 engineer charge removed please as there was no fault on my side, it was on Open Reach’s side, no work was done on my property.

Dodge08

0 Likes

Message 5 of 33
0 Likes

Message 6 of 33

Hi Chris

Thanks for booking engineer. Will let you know how we get on.

Dodge08

0 Likes

Message 7 of 33

Hi Dodge08,

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow afternoon - May 04 2022, PM (13:00-18:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 33

Hi Dodge08,

Thanks for answering the security questions. I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 33

Hi Dodge08

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

In regards to potential engineer charges, if the fault is found to be with your own equipment or internal wiring then engineer charges can be applied.

Engineer charges - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 33

Hi Debbie

if you think an engineer visit is the next step please go ahead and arrange it. I assume I will not be charged for this visit , is that correct ?

Thanks Dodge 08

0 Likes

Message 11 of 33

Hi Dodge08

Apologies for this.

If the connection is still dropping with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 33

Hi Debbie

The router connection is still dropping, it hasn’t been rebooted at any time, still only getting 27.8 Mbps on speed test 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 33

Hi Dodge08

I've checked the connection stats again and your line is in sync at 31.5mb and I can see re connections on the line.

Is the connection still dropping or has the router been rebooted?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 33

Hi Dodge08

Thank you. We will check the connection stats/speed again in 48hrs to see if changes have been made by DLM.

Debbie

Message 15 of 33

Hi Debbie

Router now plugged in test socket since 9.45AM

Message 16 of 33

Hi Dodge08

Would it be ok to leave the router at the test socket for at least 48hrs to allow DLM time to monitor the connection and adjust the profile?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 33

The crackling on the line isn’t permanent, it is only now and again , the low speed and the intermittent dropping out is the main issue, I’m getting a slower speed now than I was getting on Fibre 35

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 18 of 33

The speed would not change immediately, but if the fault was being caused by the faceplate / internal filter then by using the test socket that will bypass the fault, the Openreach Dynamic Line Management (DLM) system would start to increase your speeds if the fault has cleared, but it may take 3 or 4 days before it starts to do this.

Can you still hear noise on the phone if you connect it to the microfilter that is now in the test socket ?. If you can still hear noise, then ideally if you have access to a different landline telephone it would be good to try with that as well, just to eliminate the phone itself as being a possible cause.

Message 19 of 33

Hi Chris 

Thanks, I found the test socket , with the router and filter plugged straight into that the speed is still only 27.8 Mbps

0 Likes

Message 20 of 33

Hi Dodge08,

The NTE5 mk4 has a test socket, if you remove the faceplate the test socket is underneath

Chris

0 Likes