FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 speed dropping

Swanseajack1
Participant
Message 13 of 13

I went live with fibre 65 last tuesday, when the line went live I was synced at 64Mbs.  I was getting a load of crc errors but the line stayed connected, in the early morning my line resynced but at 60Mbs, I guess this is DLM kicking in.  Still getting crc errors but no dropped connection.

Since then every time during the night my line resyncs at a lower speed, I'm down to 40Mbs now, below my minimum guaranteed speed of 51Mbs.

Is there a way to reset the DLM, to lose over 20Mbs in a few days is beyond.

I know staff won't be here until tomorrow but just posting ready.

Thanks.

oh and I've run through all the steps in your trouble-shooter.

SJ

The Truth Is Out There
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi

that download speed sounds better 🙂

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi,

Just did as requested and download speed is now around 64Mbs wired.

Thanks.

SJ.

The Truth Is Out There
0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Swanseajack1

I've checked the connection stats and the line is in sync at 69.6mb.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi,

Was up late last night, around 1am my line went off but resynced straight away at 69Mbs, the speed has shot up but the download remains around 40Mbs on a speed test.

I'm going to leave it settle down for the next few days.

SJ.

The Truth Is Out There

Message 5 of 13

Hi Swanseajack1

Thanks for your reply.

I will check the connection stats again tomorrow.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

ok thanks.

So far it's been 1 day and 5 hours with not one error listed so I'll keep an eye on it 🙂

SJ.

The Truth Is Out There

Message 7 of 13

Hi Swanseajack1

If DLM is going to increase the speed then we should start to see some improvements within the next 48hrs.

DLM will change the profile if the connection remains stable and errors on the line are low.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Thanks for the reply, can you confirm it is 48 hours to slowly increase as I read on another site it takes 9 days before moving to the next level.

Thanks. 

The Truth Is Out There
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately we can't reset DLM for a fibre connection as this would have to be completed by Openreach as part of a fault investigation. If the errors now remain low now that the router is connected to the test socket then DLM should hopefully start to increase the sync speed again over the next 48hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi,

The speed drop is due to the fact I was swapping routers are and trying to fix the crc errors, yesterday I just plugged it straight into the test socket, since then had no crc errors in 24 hours, but I cant tell if thats due to being on such a low profile due to DLM or if it was a socket error.

If you could reset the DLM then I could tell, I've ordered a proper vdsl filter plate so I can fit that when it arrives.

And no, the line is clear.

Thanks.

SJ.

The Truth Is Out There
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi Swanseajack1,

I've completed a line test now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed has dropped and the connection looks unstable. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does the main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Fedup8
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 13

Good luck! It took me around 7 hours of shouting down the phone, over about 5 weeks, to tech support before they realised I was still on a slower profile.

0 Likes