FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 very poor speeds from router to devices

Pete8don
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I have moved from a very reliable and fast sky internet system to Talk Talk fibre 65 as my Sky contract was up meaning the monthly price increased. I was getting around 38 mbps with my sky router and was hoping for at least the same from TT. After about a month of TT fibre 65 although the connection to router is seemingly 52mbps (according to TT), the speeds to my household devices is anything between 10 and 18 mbps. I was hoping this would sort itself out but I'm still crawling along at poor speeds. If this can't be corrected, I will  obviously be moving providers as I'm sure no one else would pay for a fast service just to receive a sub standard one.

Hopefully someone can assist in sorting this out before I cancel my contract. Thank you.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the update and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi, not sure what you've done however after the post on here along with an email on twitter has resulted in my speed increasing from 18mbps to 48mbps so thank you to all involved. 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Pete8don,

Are the devices you are running speed tests on wireless devices ?, if so would it be possible for you to run a speed test on a wired device to see if that gives you speeds closer to the sync speed of the router.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.