FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65

SteveW82
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

Hi have just moved to fibre 65 and my speeds are now lower than before 

10 max supposed to be min 35 + have tried to chat three times and get same every time line shows no fault but now the estimated speed has gone down from 34 to 7.5 - 8.5. Hoping to get some sort of answer on here as this service is not acceptable

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

@Damnshame , 

Not sure what you mean by "a 50mb package"

If you were on Faster Fibre with the speed boost, then Fibre65 is just the new name for that package, not an upgrade, and there should be no changes to your service.

If you would like forum staff to help you with your issue, you should start your own topic and make sure your forum profile is updated with your personal details and your TalkTalk landline number in order that they are able to access your account.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

@Chris-TalkTalk 

I was on a 50mb package and my download was consistently near 50mb with upload near 10mb.

since I upgraded to fibre 65, download speed has dropped to 43-48mb and upload has dropped to 6.4 to 8 best 

the time of testing is not peak or congested, no video streaming or demand.

I have the latest master socket 5c and no filter 

please remove the Talk talk restrictions on my line 

33D521DF-6021-4A47-84B0-D92594C841F9.png

D5C65D20-2076-4D09-BB21-3F60A79FCD92.png

024909FC-A50C-4FB4-BA2B-B6D153591EDD.png

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12
0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi thanks for that, much improved, the line has previously run at 39 so hopefully further improvement should be possible, thanks for your help

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi SteveW82,

Sync speed is now 27.4Mbps. Fibre 65 just removes the 40Mbps cap so if your line isn't capable of faster speeds than 40Mbps then unfortunately you wont get faster speed when you upgrade.

Hopefully the speed will improve further if the connection remains stable with a low error count 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi sorry I don’t have a corded handset to cay out this test, issue is still why I have slow speed when fibre 65 was supposed to be an upgrade

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi SteveW82

Thanks for your reply. Noise on the line can affect the BB connection so we need to investigate this first.

I've completed a further line test which still hasn't detected any faults - Line test is clear.

Is the noise still present if you test with a corded handset at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

SteveW82
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 12

Hi there is sometimes noise on the land line, crackles on some calls

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi I have now connected through the test socket

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

hi yes the line has previously run at 39 with a guarantee of 34, now it runs at 10 with a guarantee of 7.5-8.5. I have run it from the test socket with no improvement and have tried shutting the router down for 30 minutes with no improvement. Had a similar experience a couple of years ago when Talktalk noticed that the service was sub standard and sent an OpenReach engineer who did a reset on the line which resulted in the 39 speed

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, what speeds were you receiving prior to this? Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket please so we can see if DLM makes any changes? Is the voice service also ok with no noise on the line?

Thanks

0 Likes