FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65

RJay05
Popular Poster
Message 20 of 20

Hi,

I am new to the community but not new to Talk Talk. I am upgrading to Fibre Broadband tomorrow and am a bit worried about the switch over. I was told by the sales guy that once my new router arrived I could plug it in and it should work with my existing connection and then would at some point be switched over without my knowing. I just plugged my new router in and it wouldn't connect to the internet so have resorted to my old router. The installation booklet says if your router won't connect at all visit talktalk.co.uk/routersetup ...but how can you if you don't have an internet connection?

Thanks in advance, RJay 

RJay (chiropractor)
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi RJay05

Add your number to your 'Community Profile' and we can see if the switch has happened.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

Thank you for your reply. I couldn't get the new grey cable and or the filter supplied to work with the new router. I am currently using my existing cable and filter and new router is now working, but I don't think I have been switched over yet. I don't know if either the cable or filter or both is faulty?

RJay (chiropractor)
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay. Do you still need assistance?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

@martswain thanks and sorry 😞

I did read a lot yesterday but was panicking and just read the relevant bits to post a message because I just wanted to resolve the issue. I work from home a lot and so can't be without internet connection.

Live Chat is great if you've got an internet connection ....my fear is that I could be left with no internet connection and no means to contact anyone!

Thanks again and thanks for the support number.

RJay (chiropractor)
0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

@RJay05 

The hierarchy is described here ( I wish everyone would read on joining ! )

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Our-Blog/About-the-community/ba-p/2228959#M277

Your upgrade work can happen at any time during the working day but (officially) at any time up until midnight.

The support phone number is 0345 172 0046 and along with Live Chat is available at the times in this article.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

btw what does OCE stand for and how do I contact them?

How do I contact someone today if I have problems and end up with my internet connection not working? There doesn't seem to be a phone number to call.

Thanks.

RJay (chiropractor)
0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

@martswain once again thank you for all your help, you are a star!

RJay (chiropractor)
0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

@RJay05 Fast Broadband is TT's name for ordinary ADSL broadband.

Glad to hear you have got the HUB connected.

It could be either the cable or filter that is faulty, but a staff member (OCE) will hopefully advise if they will replace both for you.

Please leave everything as it is, the upgrade to fibre should work fine with your current setup.

As the engineer will be doing all the work externally your new service should kick in without issue, however once you have your fibre speeds do dial 17070 just to check your phone number is still connected and correct.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

@martswain when you say Fast Broadband is that the same as just ordinary broadband?

So that would indicate there is a problem with the new cable and or filter? what can be done about that?

Thank you so much for your help @martswain 

RJay (chiropractor)
0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

@martswain the new router works with existing cable and filter! Hurrah

RJay (chiropractor)

Message 11 of 20

@RJay05 , OK, find a combination of cable and filter that works with your old router and use them with your new HUB.

(Edit : Go back to what worked before and then just plug the grey cable into the HUB)

Cables and filters are completely interchangeable between Fast Broadband and Fibre 35/65 so should the HUB connect successfully now, you'll be fine on upgrade day.

Good luck !

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

@martswain just tried the old router with the new cable and filter and it wouldn't connect.

RJay (chiropractor)
0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

@Hdkpl 

Please read the community guidelines !

Each customer starts their own topic for their own issue.

This topic belongs to @RJay05  and customers like myself and TT staff will endeavour to help the OP.

All replies will be regarding their problem, not yours.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

How ? It is regarding FIBRE 65.  Sorry assumed relevant.... 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

@Hdkpl  you cannot hijack this topic, please start your own as per community guidelines.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hdkpl
First Timer
Message 16 of 20

Hi so I have fibre 65 supposed to guarantee speed min 49.  Funny that I am often at mid 30-ies (high 30ties IF LUCKY)for a while now ...  Having check at least a week back every day. Slow slow and even comes to point when router just freezes now stops all together and blips red/white red/white LIGHT. Great to begin with Now don't really know what I am paying for ?! Could SOMEONE fix the SPEED of Broadband as contracted to

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

@RJay05  it sounds as if it can't get a connection to the exchange equipment.

If the old router can connect using the same cable and filter, that would suggest a problem with the new HUB.

Next thing to do is a factory reset.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Restore-your-router-to-factory-settings/ta-p/2205355

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

Hi martswain,

I used the new grey cable and filter and the new power power supply.

The indicator light is flashing amber.

Thank you

RJay (chiropractor)
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 19 of 20

All the latest HUBs supplied for Fibre 35/65 are backwards compatible with Fast Broadband.

All you should need to do is remove the grey cable from your old router and put it into the DSL socket on the HUB.

However, if you are using a microfilter it's a good idea to use the new one supplied and also the new grey cable.

You MUST use the new power supply.

What does the indicator light show on the new device ?

0 Likes