FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 76 got 41 mbps

CKMW1W
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Running a speedtest and got 41mbps. The package guaranteed speed at my router 68mbps but never get close to. 

I ran a test on Win10 with ethernet cable connected.

Any help from TalkTalk guys?

image.png

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Morning,

Do you have a phone that you could connect just to test this and rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Chris,

I do not have any landline phone connected. Everything in the house about broadband stay exactly the same as months ago. Do I need a landline phone to test the line?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi CKMW1W,

Line test is picking up a potential voice fault, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @CKMW1W,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line that might be affecting your speed. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem (although you may need to leave the router connected at the test socket for 72+ hours before you would start to see a speed increase if this was the cause of the problem).

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.