FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Speed Not Up To Expected Level

Davo_B
Team Player
Message 45 of 45

Hello

I took out a new phone line and fibre broadband with Talk Talk, starting on 1st May.  An email was received stating that it can take 14 days of monitoring by Talk Talk before the broadband gets up to speed (30MB+). Today, on 14th May, the broadband speed is around 18MB.  (This has been measured with a PC connected via ethernet cable to the Talk Talk provided router, connected directly to the master test socket.)  Is it likely that the speed will increase further over the next day or two to meet the Fast Fibre advertised speed?

0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

Message 41 of 45

Hi Davo_B,

You're on a 40Mbps profile so this isn't holding your speed down. Can you switch your router off for 30 minutes and then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 42 of 45

Michelle Hi

The voice service is now OK and there is no noise on the line.  Incoming calls have been OK but there were no outgoing calls until 9th May.  The master socket does have a test socket.  BTOR have been and have run various line tests without registering any problems.

For information: the broadband speed was around 8MB on activation on 1st May.  Over the next few days, the speed increased to 11MB, then 15MB and now it is 18MB.  It could be that someone or something needs to turn up the speed even further?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 43 of 45

Hi Davo_B,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 44 of 45

@Davo_B  Welcome let one of the team take a look and see if they can help in any way

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
0 Likes