FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband constant issues with internet connection

Gilmour70
Popular Poster
Message 27 of 27

Hi there,

I've been a talktalk customer for many years, without any real issues, until I decided to upgrade to Fibre Broadband. Since upgrading to Fibre Broadband back in July 18 I have at least 7 Bright Sparks engineers and 5 Open Reach engineers out to resolve my internet issues, although they seem to resolve the issue, at the time of the visit, the problem is only fixed on a temporary basis. 

I lose my Internet connection again and yet again, I go through the cycle of reporting the problem with the Talktalk Agents/Managers. In fact I had a Bright Sparks Engineer this Monday, who couldn't resolve the issue, so an appointment was made for an Open Reach Engineer who came out on Tuesday (the next day) who fixed the issue, only for the internet to go down again at 9pm that night.  I then phoned the helpline again, on Wednesday 28th, and they've now arranged for a appointment for another Bright Sparks Engineer to come out on the 5th Dec, only for this forever cycle to begin again.

I feel there is more to this than meets the eye, when the engineer goes to the Fibre Box and starts messing around with the cables, this doesn't resolve the issue.  A further investigation is needed to look at the cable running from the box to the home and this should be checked, to see if this is causing the issue.

Does anybody else have these problems?

Best regards

Stuart Gilmour

Cheers Stuart
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hi Gilmour70,

Our network team have advised that another engineer visit is going to be required. If you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

I've asked our network team to take a look at this. If you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

It appears to happen when it rains and the phone line seems ok.  It went down again last night and hasn't come back on.

Best regards

Stuart Gilmour

Cheers Stuart
0 Likes

Message 4 of 27

Hi Gilmour70,

I'm sorry for the delay. Is it still only dropping when it rains? Is there any noise on the line/no dial tone when it rains or is it just the broadband connection which is affected?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Hi Debbie, yes the line keeps dropping on my Faster Fibre line.  It dropped about 11am and then reconnected around 1.30pm.  28mps is very slow for a Faster Fibre Line.

Best regards

Stuart Gilmour

Cheers Stuart
0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

Hi Stuart

I've checked your connection stats and your line is now showing in sync at 28.7mb.

Is the connection still dropping?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Hi there, had broadband from early hours this morning and upto about 1pm (34 Mbps).  Then it went again.

Spoke to a advisor last night and was informed that there was an outage on my line and that my line will be upgraded 🤞

Best regards

Stuart Gilmour

Cheers Stuart
0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Hi Stuart,

Line test is showing that your line is potentially being affected by an incident, unfortunately it doesn't give much more information than this. How has it been so far today?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

Hi there,

With the broadband connected to the test socket, my internet dropped on the morning of last Saturday and Sunday (19th/20th Jan), this was after some light rain on the same day.  However, this weekend it dropped from Saturday Afternoon until the early hours of Monday morning (26th to 28th Jan), after a substantial amount of rain.  It appears that everytime it rains I lose connection and after it has stopped raining and dries up I get connected again.  Not looking forward to the next time it rains. 

Are you able to resolve this?

Best regards

Stuart Gilmour

Cheers Stuart
0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

@Clohayes94 

Please start your own topic if you need help to resolve your problem.

0 Likes

Clohayes94
First Timer
Message 11 of 27

Hi Michelle I have the same problem I am wondering if you can send me a new router for testing purposes to check if this helps

Chloe hayes
0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Hi Stuart

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you leave the router at the test socket and post back on this thread if the connection drops in this set up?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Hi Michelle,

My router has been connected to the test socket many times, when on the phone to India and when the 8 engineers have visited my house. 

Should I leave the router connected to the test socket until it drops?

Cheers Stuart

Cheers Stuart
0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Hi Gilmour70,

Thanks for confirming this. Have you previously tested the router at the test socket? If the connection is still dropping now that the router is connected at the test socket then please let us know and we'll pass this straight over for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Hi Debbie,

Just got in from work and connected the router, via the Microfilter, to the test socket.

The router is connected to the internet, please could you test the connection.

Cheers Stuart Gilmour

Cheers Stuart
0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Hi Stuart

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket to see if the connection remains stable at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

Hi Debbie,

The router isn't connected to the test socket.  However, the internet connection did come back on this morning, but I still don't have a stable line.  

I would appreciate it if you forward this to your network team.

Best regards

Stuart Gilmour

Cheers Stuart
0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Hi Stuart 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests have not detected any faults but I can see a high number of re connections on the line.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket? I can then pass this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

Hi Chris/Michelle,

Thanks, I kept using the wi-fi hub at 20mps and there was a local power cut on Wednesday Evening 12th Dec.  When the electric came back on, the speed went upto 40-50 mps.  

This was ok until Saturday Afternoon (15th Dec), when it was raining and the internet went off again only for it to come on later on in the evening.  However, the internet has now gone off again this afternoon (16th Dec).  

I have now connected the broadband router that you just sent and this is yet to connect to the internet.

I would appreciate it if you escalate this problem, as I upgraded to Fibre in July and I've had nothing but problems, with countless numbers of engineers visiting my house, with them only solving the problem in the short term.

Best regards

Stuart Gilmour

Cheers Stuart
0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Hi Stuart,

I've ordered you a new router to test with, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes