FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband running very slow

EmmaE
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hello

I am a key worker, working from home. I am reliant on my broadband for my work.

The speeds today have been extremely slow - showing on speedtest.net as 1MB/s or less all day. I have made a separate post about my landline phone line not working - this is still an issue.

Please can this be looked into ASAP?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi Emma,

I'm sorry for the delay. I can see that the fault has been passed to Openreach for investigation. If you don't hear anymore by tomorrow then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

Message 2 of 4

Hi, thanks for this. I've run the line test but it hasn't detected a fault. It says we aren't getting the line speed that's guaranteed, but we're actually getting nowhere near the speeds it's reporting. I now cannot log in to the remote server needed to work from home.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @EmmaE ,

If your phone line is dead then it sounds like there is a fault on your line somewhere. It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

This test may give you more info about the fault and if an engineer can be assigned (if there is a clear fault out on the external phone network).

The TalkTalk staff on this forum will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.