FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband speed issues

marksteer
Participant
Message 24 of 24

New here so please bear with me until I get the hang of posting......

I have been having problems with internet connection since end January. Visits by TT and Openreach engineers could find no faults... Also line tests remotely by TT have not shown problem. I have had 2 new routers past 2 months.

However when I have run speed checks sometimes it fails and sometimes I get as low as 1mbps download speed. Yesterday when I did checks speed was up to 35mbps but also dropped to 5.4mbps at one point. Also I had problems with both Firefox and Chrome 'not responding'. Also some websites not connecting properly...freezing or stopping completely.

I changed Wifi channel to see if interference from neighbours but no difference. Same problems if I connect with cable directly to router.

This seems to be an intermittent problem. Very frustrating as I never know when speed will drop or cut off completely. Any help would be appreciated as phone line for help is not operating...not that I have had help before to resolve problem ....

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

When the speed seems slow to you, please log into the router (see the details on the label behind the removable plastic panel), then go to:-

From the initial dashboard, look on the LHS side & give me the current speed figures from there.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 24

Hi thanks your reply,

Router is SAGEMCOM - black with single light on front. I think latest TT router....Most speed tested done wireless ... I appreciate there will be a little speed loss if not connected by wire.

Not sure exactly what you mean by 'downstream line rate is when the speed is slow'......

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 23 of 24

These speed tests, are they done on wired or wireless connections to the router? Do you know what the router's downstream line rate is when the speed is slow? If you do not know how to find that, please tell me the make/model of router & I will advise you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes