FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Connection, router dropping connection, mostly every evening/night

CraigeDavido
Whizz Kid
Message 73 of 73

Hi

for a while now, i've noticed my connection/router, always loses connection around 9-10 pm every night, getting fed up with this now. i'm playing the PS4 then its just drops connection few times, within each other.

Its usually stable in day, then when it comes to around this time, it always loses connection, why is this. Ive restarted the wifi Hub, but still does it.

also i think ive noticed, since my sync speed increased on the router, week ago, its been having this problem since then, before this, i didn't have much trouble.

Craig

0 Likes
72 REPLIES 72

Message 1 of 73

Hi Craig,

Ok thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 73

Ok will do, will get bk sometime next week. The connection been up for over 2 days since engineer visit, so no disconnects last night as of yet.

Craig

0 Likes

Message 3 of 73

Hi Craig,

Thanks for confirming this. DLM should adjust the sync speed again if the connection remains stable. Could you bump your thread on Monday and we can re-check the connection stats again?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 73

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

No disconnects last night since engineer been, which is good to hear, been up so far for 31 hours. It doesn't have problems i noticed when the router is syncing lower which it is now, it only does it what i noticed when its sycing much higher.

That's why i asked if DLM will adjust the sync speed of my line after couple of days, if it does sync higher, i can see if it does it then and compare it, if you know what i mean. Thanks

CraigRouter Stats (25-07-2019).png

0 Likes

Message 5 of 73

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the update. Just to confirm, has the connection been unstable again after 10pm last night?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 73

Hi, Enginner come around 9.30am, he checked the green cabinet before he got here, which he said all looked fine. He was here for around 30 minutes, checked the little white box, and he put new filtered faceplate onto the master socket. He said everything looked ok. But i asked him about the disconnects in the night, and i think he mentioned about engineers could be testing stuff late at night or something, could be to do with disconnects. But how does it affect my line after 10pm, and not one of my relatives across the road. She's also on TalkTalk and she doesn't have these disconnects at this time, and she's also connected to the same cabinet as me. also, since the engineer reconnecting everything, it giving much lower sync, will DLM increase this over next few days or so thanks.

Craig

0 Likes

Message 7 of 73

Hi Craig,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 73

Hi Debbie, thanks will do. just before engineer visit, checked router logs, and its been up for nearly 3 days so far, i don't get it. Most of last week and over weekend, it been disconnecting every night, but so far its been up for nearly 3 days now. I'll just mention it to the engineer, once he's here. Cheers

Craig

0 Likes

Message 9 of 73

Hi Craig

The engineer visit has been arranged for 24/07 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 73

Hi Craig

Thanks for your reply.

I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 73

Any day be good this week, and i'd prefer in the morning if possible, cheers

Craig

0 Likes

Message 12 of 73

Hi Craig

Apologies for the delay.

I will request that an engineer visit is arranged, are any certain days best for you? AM and PM.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 73

Hi Debbie

Sorry now getting bk, yes my PS4 is wired, and it affected that when it disconnected, cause i was playing ps4 at the time when it went off. it affects all devices connected to the WifiHub, wired and wireless.

It's done it again tonight, disconnected around 11pm, so could you get that engineer booked in for sometime next week please. I'll monitor it over the weekend. Don't get it, 2 nights it was all stable, then the next 2 nights it is bk doing the same.

Craig

0 Likes

Message 14 of 73

Hi Craig

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Did any wired devices also experience this issue? I can pass this back to our Network Team to ask for an engineer visit to be arranged again or would you prefer to monitor this over the weekend first?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 73

Lol, the unthinkable as happened again, it's just disconnected me again just after 11pm tonight. It was ok past few nights no disconnects, but tonight it's done it again, all fine until tonight. What could make it do this after this time, I got nothing on timer or anything, nothings changed my end.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 73

Hi Craig

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 73

Hi Debbie

Looks to be going great so far, didn't disconnect again at all last night, checked the router logs and it's been up for just over 2 days now.

CraigTalkTalkHub.png

Message 18 of 73

Hi Craig

How was the connection last night?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 73

Will do, i'll get bk in few days or so, see how it goes tonight onwards

0 Likes

Message 20 of 73

Hi Craig

I will ask our Network Team to cancel this visit. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes