FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Keeps Dropping

jahmad
Popular Poster
Message 26 of 26

Have recently renewed with TalkTalk on Fibre 65 was on faster fibre before and since have had nothing but issues. Prior to renewing I was happy with multiple years of connection at speeds of 60mbps with excellent reliability.  Since early January, connection will keep dropping, speeds low as 9mbps and when connection does improve, it is clearly capped at 50mbps.

What is happening? Can you not leave me on the same "profile" I was on before?

The my account service centre is worse than useless; most of the time it does not detect a problems and then when it does, the contact button does not work. How is it not detecting a problem when the speeds are much lower than minimum guaranteed and also when most of the time the line is disconnecting mid test?

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Hi jahmad

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

Sure, what options are there for next week if possible?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Hi jahmad,

As the speed is still below the guaranteed minimum we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate. If you'd like to go ahead with the visit please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

Hi,

It has been a week now and there is no change whatsoever with my speeds. I there any update? Can I please message someone regarding the "Great Connection Guarantee".

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Hi jahmad,

Line test is now passing and your sync speed is slowly increasing as DLM moves you to faster profiles. Hopefully your speeds will continue to improve 

If you'd like to discuss leaving could you speak to our Loyalty team, contact details can be found here

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

I set up the telephone password as requested in the message.

I have checked paperwork received and at 30 days after you trying to fix the issue of not receiving minimum speed of 48mbps I can leave the contract penalty free. Can you look into this please.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Hi jahmad,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

Hi jahmad

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check/confirm the predicted speed range for your line.

In regards to compensation, this would only be applied for total loss of service faults or go live delays.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

jahmad
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 26

Hi,

Lately the connection has been stable and not dropping; the only issue being the speed is less than the guaranteed speed. Can you have a look again from that perspective; increasing the speed; and then can look again at the engineer? The line speed accoridng to logiggin into the router has creeped up from 30 to 33 and now 40mbps - which corresponds to 37bps on speedtest from an ethernet connected pc.

I also asked in a previous post regarding compensation for not receiving minimum guranteed speeds, any information regarding that?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

Hi jahmad,

I can see that ferguson has given you a link the the engineer charges help article which explains when you will and won't be charged. Sorry, no the line test doesn't pinpoint where the potential problem is, it just says most likely close to customer residence

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 11 of 26

@carlb2411, as mentioned above, staff won't be back on here before Monday. 

They only reply to the original poster, so you need to start your own thread. 

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Your own thread will then be in the queue for attention next week.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

carlb2411
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 26

Ever since upgrading to fibre 150 last year, at least twice a week the internet drops and this pass week it has increased. My landline is noisy. The service desk is a waste of time,  I demanded that it be escalated this evening, still waiting for a call back. Wish I never upgraded now as the connection was always stable. I believe either the master socket 5c is broken or the open reach modem is broken. 

Cb
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 13 of 26

@jahmad The support team won't get back to you now before Monday. You can find details of when charges might arise here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

Can you arrange an engineer visit for Saturday or Sunday; and under what conditions/scenarios will I be charged for the engineer visit?

What are the issues you have found when checking the line, can you not pinpoint the location of the fault?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Morning,

Just to advise the engineer appointment times are either AM (8-1) or PM (1-6) and someone would need to be present for the whole appointment slot. We would also need to confirm acceptance of possible time related charges before we arrange the engineer visit. Please let us know how you would like to proceed?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

This issue with being incorreclt charged was a few years ago and not recent.

Happy to book enginner visit, but cannot take time off work so either has to be after work hours or irrelevant if does not require access inside property; on the condition I do not get charged for this.

Do let me know what details you need to confirm; also how does one go about claiming compensation for this as it is more than a week now with poor connection and/or slower than guaranteed speeds and at what point does the contract become void?

Also, your service centre section of the website is awful; I have tried many times to "contact our team" and the button does nothing.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Hi jahmad

I'm really sorry to hear this. When was the last engineer visit arranged for, was this recently?

In regards to charges, if the fault is found to be with Openreach maintained equipment then no charges would be applied.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Last time I booked an engineer, I was charged £30 after I cancelled; I cancelled because the engineer called and said that he would come 1 hour after the agreed/set window and I could not be there for that time. I also could not recoup the money because I could not get through to customer service on the phone.

So I am happy to book an engineer only if you guarantee there is no charge.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Ok thanks. The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

Yes, connected to test socket.

0 Likes