FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Router

RayWelshman
Conversation Starter
Message 24 of 24

Hi my router sync speed has dropped from 40Mbs on 31:05:21 to 30Mbs also I get regular dropouts and have to wait for the router to re-sync, am a retired electronics engineer, so I have changed the line filters for new ones, also tried connecting the router to the test socket via a new filter this made no difference, the phone line comes into the house via a small box, I have a punch-down tool so I remade the connections, then goes to the Openreach master socket via a few cm's of cable

Still no better, I can do no more than this, please help, Ray..

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi Ray

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Hi all, I had to go out for 40mins so I turned the router off, now speed test reports 37Mbps, that did the trick 👍👍👍😊😊 Many thanks and Regards from Ray..

Message 3 of 24

Hi

OK, just report back here when you can do this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Hi Debbie, I need the broadband for the rest of the day, I will power it down later tonight and let you know tomorrow..

Regards, Ray.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hi Ray

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi, you asked me to let you know if everything is ok, although the router sync speed is solid at 40Mbps, speed test never gets any higher than 26Mbps, before this fault occurred it used to show between 36 - 38Mbps, it look as if is being capped by DLM or something similar..

Best regards, Ray..

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Hi Ray

That's great news 🙂

The engineer left the following notes:

Engineer has resolved the fault located in the overhead network.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24
Hi Debbie, the router sync speed is back to 40Mbps Download and 8.1Mbps upload..
Many thanks for sorting it out for me..👍👍😂
Best Regards, Ray..
0 Likes

Message 9 of 24
Hi Debbie, as a retired electronics engineer, I can tell you there is definitely no problem inside my property, I live next door to a police station, the cable goes from my bungalow to a pole near the police station, I noticed that a tree in the police station has a branch resting on all the phone lines...
Regards, Ray..
0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

Hi Ray

Thanks for your reply.

The line test is now detecting a potential line fault and Openreach have assigned this to be investigated by an engineer externally. No appointment to the property has been arranged as yet.

We should receive further updates from the Openreach line engineer within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24
Any time after 10 AM
0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Hi Ray

Thanks for confirming your details.

Please can you provide your availability for the engineer visit AM and PM? I can then arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Hi Ray

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Hi Debbie, I think it is the only option left, As a retired engineer myself, I think the problem is just outside my bungalow, so please go ahead and arrange a visit, I hope they are more competent than the usual ones..

Regards, Ray...

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Hi Ray

Apologies for this.

As the line test is still detecting a potential fault then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Hi, yesterday I received the new router, I connected it to the test socket via yet another filter, nothing has changed, it still says there is a problem in my premises, I can do no more than this...

Regards, Ray..

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24
0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Ok Debbie, I will try anything and will let you know if it improves, perhaps DLM has altered the profile now, we will see what happens in a few days..

Regards, Ray..

Message 19 of 24

Hi Ray

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

Hi Michelle, I am willing to try another router, my router has F/W version SG4K10002816t however it is possible there may be a line fault between my bungalow and the pole about 5 Meters away, Openreach have had problems not too long ago, the cable goes underground across the road to a large underground "cabinet" Openreach have had problems with water ingress many times al ready this year..

Regards, Ray..

0 Likes