FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed Boost not up to expected speed.

Beanz
Whizz Kid
Message 84 of 84

Hi,

I recently renewed my contract for another 18 months, this time with the Fibre Speed Boost.

At first there was hardly any increase in speed, so I did what was recommended and powered off the modem/router for at least 30 mins. Since then (5 days ago) the download speed has increased from roughly 38Mbps to about 47Mbs. Not exactly a massive improvement, I think you'll agree.

I was promised a minimum of 54Mbps.

The question is, will the speed improve over time or is there a problem?

By the way, I am using the BT Openreach fibre modem that was installed when I started using fibre back in 2014. Could that be causing the reduced speed?

Thanks for any help.

Regards, Beanz

0 Likes
83 REPLIES 83

Message 81 of 84

Thanks for the information. I can send a router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 82 of 84

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Here is a photo of my setup:

BTOR 1.jpg

As you can see, I am still using a BTOR Fibre modem which was installed in 2014 when I first started using TT Fibre. There is 1 cordless phone plugged into the master socket, that's all. There are no extensions. I don't use the landline phone very often these days, but the line sounds reasonably quiet to me.

I could connect the modem to the test socket if you like. I doubt it would help though. I have disconnected the phone for now.

Do you think a more modern integrated router would help?

Regards,

Beanz

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 83 of 84

Hi Beanz,

Your sync speed is currently 49.4Mbps and line test is showing a potential voice (telephone) fault

How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes