FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed Boost not working...

epicdwin
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 14

Hi,

I upgraded on 24/03/20 via live chat to a new deal that included Fibre Speed Boost at a discounted rate. Previously I was on "Faster Fibre" on got consistent speeds of 40mbps, a contract I signed last year and is up in May this year. 

After being told on the chat that the speed boost would kick in in 30 mins, my speed then dropped to 38mbps as the downstream speed i received. After numerous live chats, no one can help and i am on the verge of cancelling and moving elsewhere - anything anyone on here can do before I join another provider.

A few points i've seen on previous threads about this which will save any additional questions:

- My line is capable of speeds far in excess of 67mbps as i've had them with other providers

- The "Fibre Speed Boost" shows in My Account

- I have restarted my router normally, restarted it and waited 30 mins and also reset it by pressing the reset button for 15 seconds

-My downstrean sync speed is 38mbps - meaning regardless of how many devices i have connected, I'm not being provided with the 67mbps i'm supposed to have in the first place.

- My upgrade went live the same day and this is reflected in my account

- Webchat colleagues say the boost is live, although it obviously isnt.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi epicdwin,

I've replied to your PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi epicdwin

No problem. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Thanks Debbie,

In the interim could you remove the Fibre Boost from my account? Doesnt seem alot of point paying for it at current.

Thanks again for your support, you've been really helpful

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi epicdwin

The speed may increase further but unfortunately we can't arrange engineer visits for speed faults at the moment as we are only arranging home visits for total loss of service faults for vulnerable customers. We can raise this for an engineer visit once the lock down is over and we have more engineer availability to the property.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi Debbie, 

Thanks for replying, is this to say that my line isn't capable of the boosted speeds with TT?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi epicdwin

Apologies for the delay.

I've checked the connection stats and the line is in sync at 38.3mb.

If you had a power cut then DLM may have started the monitoring process again after this. We can remove the fibre speed boost if you would like us to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14
0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Please can someone from TT get back to me with an answer? I need to cancel this upgrade in a couple of days if the service I’m paying for can’t be provided as I’m working from home and need the additional speeds that I upgraded to.

many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Latest stats from the router... Still no sign of the speedboost to anywhere near 67mpbs - just getting the standard 38mbps capped.

F421864D-5E3D-4DF1-B05D-F51C9678B8F0.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14
Hey Debbie,

48hrs up - there was a powercut last night so that may show in the logs.

Any advice?
0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi epicdwin

Thank you 🙂

Please can you post back here on Saturday and I will check the connection stats again to see if DLM has made any changes to the line profile/speed.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Thanks Debbie, i've connected the router to the test socket, thanks for your help so far.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi epicdwin

I'm sorry to hear this.

There are re connections showing on the line and this can affect the sync speed.

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket for 48hrs, without rebooting the router? We can then check to see if DLM starts to increase the sync speed.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes