FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed Boost

larrywilkie
Whizz Kid
Message 148 of 148

Good afternoon,

I have purchased the Fibre Speed Boost (about three weeks ago), but I haven't seen any improvement in my download speed.

Speed tests consistently return download speeds of around 38mbps, which is what I was getting prior to the boost being added, although I believe I was told I could get up to 72mbps (I do understand that this is a maximum figure and unlikely to be achieved).

Is there anything that can be done to see if I can achieve higher speeds than 38mbps, as if it is not possible, then the boost isn't worth keeping.

Many thanks

Larry 

0 Likes
147 REPLIES 147

Message 81 of 148
Been checking throughout the day, but still down at the moment.

I'll check again in the morning

Larry
0 Likes

Message 82 of 148

Hi Larry

Apologies for this. This issue is currently under investigation and will be resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 83 of 148

Hi Debbie,

Just checked and the speed checker is still not working.

I will check back again later and update on here.

Larry

0 Likes

Message 84 of 148

Hi Larry

Apologies for this.

Please can you try this again today and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 85 of 148

Hi Debbie,

I have just had the router powered down for 30 mins and then started up again with just my desktop PC online, no other connections, either wired or Wi Fi.

Unfortunately the Talk Talk speed checker isn't working at the moment, so I ran a speed test on another Speed checker site. The download speed was 33.03mbps and upload 15.65.

I will run another speed check once I see the Talk Talk speed checker is back up and running.

Larry

0 Likes

Message 86 of 148

Hi Larry

Our Network Team have asked if you could power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a wired speed test using the TT speed tester so they can see the results? (before they arrange an engineer visit)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 87 of 148

Hi Larry

Thanks for the Private Message. I have passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 88 of 148

Hi Larry

Apologies for this.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange a TalkTalk engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 89 of 148

Hi,

Just bringing this back up, as Speed seems to be getting even slower now.

I have just run two tests and both came back at approx. 30mbps download speed, and yet the speed into the router is approx. 68mbps.

I have tried everything I can think of having read through your help files. so I think an Engineer visit would be a good idea. 

Larry

0 Likes

Message 90 of 148

Hi Larry,

I've included a Help Article below which contains more information.

Engineer charges

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 91 of 148

Hi Michelle,

What is the cost of an engineer visit please?

Larry

0 Likes

Message 92 of 148

Hi Larry,

Ok thanks for confirming this. As the line tests haven't detected a fault and the sync speed looks ok, would you like us to arrange a TalkTalk Engineer visit to investigate this further?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 93 of 148

Hi Debbie,

A little further back in this thread I was asked if I could plug one thing into the router and disconnect everything else.

I did this, plugging a laptop directly into the router, and disconnecting the powerlines to everything else.

I got a marginally faster download speed, but still only 46mbps, when I get over 40mbps with everything else plugged in.

Larry

0 Likes

Message 94 of 148

Hi Larry

Our Network Team have been unable to detect any issues or faults following their testing. The line itself is very stable and there are very minimal errors coming through.

They also advised the following:

I can see the speed tests that the customer has completed but can also see that there are multiple devices connected. How many devices were connected when you completed the speed tests?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 95 of 148

Hi Larry

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 96 of 148

Hi Chris,

Bumped, as requested.

Hopefully something has been discovered??

Larry

0 Likes

Message 97 of 148

Will do.

Thanks Chris.

Regards

Larry

0 Likes

Message 98 of 148

Hi Larry,

I've raised this to our network team for further investigation, can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 99 of 148

Hi Chris,

No it was on another check site, but I have just run one now on My Account, and it was 40.6 download, and 15.8 upload.

Incidentally, I have just run a Service Status check, and I got a message saying:

We've detected an issue with your broadband

But we need your help to fix it. Let’s talk about it via Live Chat.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 100 of 148

Hi Larry,

Thanks for running the speed test. Did you run he speed test on the My Account speed checker (the last speed test I can see was on the 13th Jan)?

Chris

0 Likes