FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed Boost

cantikir
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

My Faster Fibre broadband has Fibre Speed Boost add-on for 2.5 half years. I now realised that it is supposed to remove the 40 Mbps cap but my speed does not exceed that limit. Could it be due to my infrastructure not allowing a faster connection? If so I would like to opt out.

Thanks,

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi cantikir

I'm sorry to hear this.

If you contact our Loyalty Team then they can remove the speed boost for you.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 5
Yep, if your line is only capable of 42.5mpbs then speed boost really is not going to be worth it. I'm fairly sure that currently TalkTalk do not offer the speed boost to people if their maximum possible speed is below a certain threshold. Although if you have had it for 2.5 years then I'm not sure what the policy was back then about who could add it.

I don't have the speed boost myself, so I'm not sure if you can opt out yourself in 'My Account', I believe it should show up in the 'boosts' section in 'My Account', you may be able to remove it from there, but if not, the staff should be able to respond here early next week to help.

Message 3 of 5
Hi
Thanks for the quick reply. This website shows max 42.5 Mbps capacity. Apparently my line is not suitable for this Fibre Speed Boost. Why has TalkTalk sold me an extra product which I am not capable of using? and how can I opt out of this?
Thanks
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @cantikir ,

The maximum speed your connection can achieve will be totally dependent on the length and quality of the phone line between your home and the street cabinet that it is connected to.

So if your connection is not able to give you a speed of more than 40mbps then it is a waste of money to have the speed boost, as it will not make any difference to your speed.

You could use this site to get an idea of what speed your line could achieve (the numbers on this site may differ slightly from what TalkTalk think your line could achieve).

The staff here should also be able to confirm what your line is capable of, so you can tell if having the speed boost is worth while.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The TalkTalk staff on this forum won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.